02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Netflix signing in error on PS3

41 Replies 40,141 Views Created 25-03-2013

Hi all

I have the Netflix app installed on my PS3 and have been using it successfuly for the past 3 months, without any problems. Now, suddenly it will no longer sign in. It says error signing in and on the bottom right hand corner of the error box it gives me a code 'ui-108'.

I have scoured the internet, and have seen a number of people suggesting deleting the app and reinstalling it, turning my modem off for 30 secs and back on again, changing the date and time to 'set via internet. etc etc ive done them all and I am still not getting any luck. Ive also spoken to Netlfix support who also can't help.

I do no understand why one minute it was working fine and then suddenly it doesnt.

If anyone can help me, it will be really appreciated.
 :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution
Thanks again I will give thos a try when I get time and get back to you. I have phoned my ISP and Netflix and they cannot help me either apart form most of the sugestions I have already tried.
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix signing in error on PS3

/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

ok thanks you for all your help but Im sorry to say none of the DNS codes worked.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Dominic1981 wrote:

ok thanks you for all your help but Im sorry to say none of the DNS codes worked.

You've tried pretty much everything that's possible. I've just spoken with Moriarty and he's suggested that you try deleting the Netflix Game Data using the Game Data Utility. If you've not tried that it's worth a shot, but short of that there's nothing more you can do.

0 Kudos

/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

Thanks for that, Yeah I have tried deleting the game date and re-installing with no luck. I phoned the sony help team who suggested trying to open ports and then format the PS3 which had no effect. The last suggestion from the Sony help team was to buy a replacement!

Thanks for all your help everyone.

0 Kudos

/16

Dominic1981

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dominic1981
Accepted Solution

ok I now have netflix up and running it seemed to be a problem with my account Netflix cancelled my account I made a new one with a new e-mail address. Netflix did work before on my laptop and phone, this confused me and the netflix team. But all is good and I am up and running. Again thanks to everyone who chipped in here at the forums, I hope if anyone has the same problem this entry helps them. Im off to the shops now for some supplys for a netflix marathon.

0 Kudos

/16

GarouDS

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GarouDS
Accepted Solution

For anyone struggling with this problem:

I've got it just a minutes ago, if you look closely on the "More Details" when you choose to display your account information the data is blank.

I tried to access my account information from the PC and Netflix page notifies me that they were having technical dificulties so looks like the problem is on Netflix side, this probably go away later.

I think this happen on PS3 and not on PC due some differences on the way they retreive the user info.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

/16

LWtexas84

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LWtexas84
Accepted Solution
Mine just started doing it today and I just kept pushing try again like 20x and it started back lol
0 Kudos

/16

denicole08

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
denicole08
Accepted Solution

I am currently having the same problem, both on my PS3 and my WiiU.  I can access Netflix from my computer, but not on my game systems.  I tried reinstalling Netflix to my PS3 and now I'm getting a new error code: ui-113

0 Kudos

/16

Layout42

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Layout42
Accepted Solution

I had the same exact problem. I tried all the suggestions given to me. Nothing worked. What I did do that worked instantly was I signed out of my PlayStation Network account so Netflix wouldn't automatically sign in. Then I signed in to Netflix manually.

0 Kudos

/16

Hippo_Chunk

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hippo_Chunk
Accepted Solution
i am having the same problem. have been for a few days now. i've tried everything. deleting the app and reinstalling, deleting the app data and restarting, changing my date and time settings, unplugging the ps3 and restarting, i am at a stand still. netflix live help hasn't been successful either. i don't know what to do and its frustrating to say the least
0 Kudos

/16

Hippo_Chunk

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hippo_Chunk
Accepted Solution
UPDATE!! so apparently if you have more than 2 devices signed in to Netflix at one time it will cause an issue. I went onto the Netflix website and into "my account" and selected "sign out of all devices" and was able to sign in to the Netflix app on my PS3 just fine
0 Kudos

/16

harrazh

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
harrazh
Accepted Solution

Guys, I'm having the same problem, I tried uninstalling and installing netflix again, and I got a different message, but when restarting netflix I was back to the old message.

Any help please?

0 Kudos

/16

rebeldeboyy

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rebeldeboyy
Accepted Solution

SO THIS JUST STARTED HAPPENING TO ME LAST NIGHT WHEREIT SAYS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO NETFLIX TO VISIT NETFLIX.COM/HELP IVE TRIED EVERYTHING CALLING NETFLIX BEING TRANSFERRED TO AT& BACK TO NETFLIX THEN TO SONY ABOUT 40 TIMES TODAY NO EXAGGERATION IVE 3WAY CALLED THEM AND THEY ALL TELL ME ITS NOT AN ISSUE WHITH THEM THAT THE UI-108 CODE IS NOT THEIRS JUGGLING ME AROUND ALL DAY !! HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION !?!

HELP !!

0 Kudos

/16

rosiepoo1516

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rosiepoo1516
Accepted Solution

Hi there! I started having this problem today and spent the entire day boucing back and forth between Sony and Netflix. I was getting the same error message with a code ui-108. I figured I would give Netflix one more try before I go to bed tonight and I entered a chat with a guy named Taylor at Netflix who asked me what the error code was. When I told him, he said it was a known issue that they were just made aware of today and that they are working on a resolution. There is no ETA at the moment, but he's certain it will be soon. I can log onto Netflix though my PC and my tablet, just not my PS3. I'm glad to know that it's Netflix who's having the issue and that they are aware of it and working on fixing it. He told me to try logging in periodically to check and see if it's fixed. Good enough for now, I guess.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
No need to shout and bump older threads of you've replied to a newer one ;)
0 Kudos

/16

riggs334

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
riggs334
Accepted Solution

I started getting the ui-108 error code yesterday... I tried restarting the machine and my network along with reinstalling the app.

I finally went into the "Saved Data Utility" and deleted the Netflix file... signed back in and that did the trick.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

/16

DJToca

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DJToca
Accepted Solution

Not sure who suggested it, but I tried the suggestion of loging out of the PSN then launching Netflix and it worked. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos

/16

BAHAMUR4

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BAHAMUR4
Accepted Solution
Dominic, I read all the threat and you have not done this "Begin from the PS3 Home Screen.
Navigate to the TV/Video Services section and highlight Netflix.
Press X.
Immediately after pressing X, press and hold both Start and Select and continue to hold them down until a message appears asking Do you want to reset your Netflix settings and re-register?
Select Yes." I had the same issue and now it's prompting for my account information. I logged it in and I am now able to watch. Netflix on the ps3
0 Kudos

/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XxQuickScopeBOss
Accepted Solution

i got the same error code and i tryed netflix/help and i found if you highlight over netflix and hit X then hold down start and select untill it pops up with a msg. and hit YES then sign in.....it worked for me

0 Kudos

/16

invincible3246

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
invincible3246
Accepted Solution
I've done that 3 times, the people who are on it says it does nothing, plus before it just wouldn't let me watch anything, but all i get is the sign in bs.
0 Kudos

/16

si_edidas

96%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
si_edidas
Accepted Solution

I went into:

Game tab

Open folder: game data utility

Find the netflix icon and delete it.

Uninstall netflix and then download the current version of netflix.

Install and sign in

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel