31 May 2012

Playstation Staff

Old playstation network account on new ps3

13 Replies 10,709 Views Created 31-05-2012

Recently i bought a new PS3 Slim. i had the first model of ps3 before. on my old ps3 i made an ps3 network account. I play alot of FIFA and when you buy the game you get this premium card with it so you can play online..when i got my new ps3 i tried to sign in with the old account, but i couldnt. ive tried to sign in the "premium code" on the new account but i couldnt.. is there anyway i can log into my old PS network account (that i made on my old ps3) on my new ps3..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (10,709 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Old playstation network account on new ps3

[ Edited ]

You should be able to sign in to your old account on a new ps3 without any problems. What message are you seeing when you try to sign in with your old account?

[Edit]

To use your old account on your new ps3.

- Create a new user with the "create new user" tab underneath the switch off console function on the xmb.

- Click "Sign up to playstation network" 

- When prompted to "create new account or use existing account, click use existing account and enter your old accounts email address and password.

www.alphazone4.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (10,705 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

You cant sign in with another users ID (E-mail)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (10,692 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

i had the same problem with my psn id. But when i turned off my ps3 and also disconnected my internet connection then again switched both ps3 and internet connection. Then i was able to sign-in to my account. Hope this will work for you too.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (10,687 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

It sounds like you're trying to use the profile that you have your new account on. 

To add your old account you need to create another user using the "create new user" tab on the xmb. You usually get that message that you're seeing if you try to enter another account using the same user profile that's already linked to an account. 

Create the new user, then log into it. From there, go through the psn account settup exactly the same way you did when creating your new account, until you get to the option that asks if you want to create a new account or use existing account. Choose the "use existing account" option and then just follow the steps from there.

www.alphazone4.co.uk
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (10,664 Views)

Playstation Staff

i had an old accunt the online name was (colleencopas) i boought a new ps3 i made a new account with my old email the one i used on (colleencopas) my new online name was(R-P-Gangsta)  everything was ok until one day i try to log in on my friends ps3 so i could have my trophies  game records  as well as my recent friends of (R-P-Gangsta) on his ps3 but insted it sended me to my old account(colleencopas) on which i dont have none of my actual records,,, anyone knows how i can get (colleencopas) changed to my new(R-P-Gangsta) account so i can  play my recent game records on my friends ps3 please help please

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (9,476 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

[DELETED]

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (9,473 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

[DELETED]

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (9,473 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thanks this helped alot

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (9,208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Hi folks! Quick reminder. Please refrain from posting your email addresses in public. Safety first and all the jazz :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (9,196 Views)
0 Kudos