07 Dec 2012
By: Dysokus

4 Posts

PS Store Error After Install (80028f08)

7 Replies 6,534 Views Created 07-12-2012

im having a problem with the new PS Store i had not started my ps3 for a while and when i did i had to do updates to system and store but since then the store locked up my ps3 completely and wouldnt load at all, so under suggestion from a friend i deleted the store so would install the program fresh.. but now when i install it i get a error (80028f08), it installs fine , downloads fine but when goes to run it that error comes up if anyones got a solution or knows what the problem could be i would be gratefull for the help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (6,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: PS Store Error After Install (80028f08)

Delete the store app again if you haven't done already. Try running the safe operation details in the link below. 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/Using-the-Safe-Mode-function-on-...

I would suggest running option 3 restore the file system. Rinse and repeat the safe mode operation then run option 4 rebuild the database. 

Running both of the above will check for corruption in the system OS and HDD and hopefully fix them. I would also recommend power cycling your router (rebooting) by switching off for a few minutes. Then try running the store app again see if you have any luck this time around.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (6,511 Views)
0 Kudos

i did as you said and it fixed nothing it said there was bad sectors but it took 2 seconds to go through... and did nothing to getting the error.. it has to be on sonys end which the error is happening, that or i have no idea why it is

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (6,497 Views)
0 Kudos

eh quick update i just started borderlands 2 and tryed to search for DLC via that it showed up the mechromancer DLC i already had downloaded via redeem code but nothing else... but point being its in the PS Store... all be it a limited only to borderlands 2 selection and cant search more but it clearly is the ps store.... so it MUST be sony and ps3 people did something bad in update... right?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (6,495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I have the same problem. Was getting a black screen on the store, so I deleted the app and re-installed it. Now I'm getting this error.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (6,466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I fixed it. 
You need to re-build the database (option 4) from the safe mode menu.

Make sure that the store is deleted from your PS3 before doing this. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (6,431 Views)
0 Kudos

ok i tryed everything even new harddrive wtih fesh install and it didnt work, but now have figured it....

it was the hub that it was pluged into which was connected to our virigin superhub/modem, it was too slow and the store crashes when you have a connection lower than like 10mbs or something , but put new hub in and now runs as smooth as anything

thanx for all help and hope anyone sees this with similar problems they can test to see if it is the same reason for them

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (6,388 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi Dysokus,

The error code 80028f08 indicates that the content you are trying to access was not detected. I think that there may have been an issue when you download the PS Store app that is preventing it from installing.

As a first step I would advise resetting your Internet connection settings and also use a wired over wireless connection.

Please let us know how you get on.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (6,377 Views)
0 Kudos