Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS3 keep disconnecting..

[ Edited ]
18 Replies 42,634 Views edited 22-01-2011

Hey!

Last couple of days, my ps3 keeps disconnecting from net. I have been having same settings and everything for 6 months and it has been working just fine without any problems.. Now when I go online, I stay in game for like 2 minutes then it disconnects and I have no clue why, since I havent change anything... any idea what could cause this? p.s. my router is just next to my ps3 and nothing blocking its signal.

and its wireless..

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Kostionalist

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kostionalist
Accepted Solution

Try connecting your ps3 to the router via an Ethernet cable.

Then go to Network settings>Internet connection setings and follow the steps.:)

0 Kudos

Re: PS3 keep disconnecting..

Love OPC:)
/16

Healt

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Healt
Accepted Solution

I want it wireless.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
using the ethernet cable may solve your problems and give u a more stable connection

if u still want it wireless u will still have these problems u r suffering unless someone can come up with a solution
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

best using wired.

to many things can interfere with it when wireless

If your router  is next to your PS3 use it wired it will be better all around.

Other than that you may have to go into your router settings and try changing the wireless channel

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16
52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
INCEPTION_LEVEL3
Accepted Solution

NEVER KEEP ANY OF YOUR DEVICES WITH SAME IP ADDRESS...change the last number of ip to avoid conflicting them...do this my going in custom setting of your ps3....example....192.168.1.55/56/57 just change the last digit from 0 to 255....one more thing...if u r interested in wireless setup...do it manually...

1) go to ps3 network setting--custom and set the desired ip address like 192.168.1.21 

2) subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

3) gate way to THE IP ADDRESS OF YOUR ROUTER/MODEM most probably 192.168.1.1

4)priminary and secondary dns value u can find from your router by enterning 192.168.1.1 in ur pc browser and username and password "admin" and "admin"....in overview status...u will find primary and secondary dns....use them

going to next step...it will ask u to set MTU value...u need to calculate it...GOOGLE IT

now if ur ps3 is connected directly to router/modem and not via any other rouer medium DO NOT USE PROXY......finally enable UPnP as all the modem/router of today support this feature...

THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU BETTER CONNECTIVITY

0 Kudos

/16

hapieia

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hapieia
Accepted Solution

same with my problem i am playing a game with in 2 minutes it will show that i am sign out in playstation network, i am already using ethernet cable and my internet speed is 20 mbps, please help me why like this..

0 Kudos

/16

Russel_kazakh

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Russel_kazakh
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

***** Yeah!Thank you sooooo much,I've used so many things,but none of em worked,only your advice did,plus,a big plus the games download waaaaay faster with wired connection than they did with wireless

0 Kudos

PS3 keep disconnecting..

/16

Kostionalist

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kostionalist
Accepted Solution

Healt wrote:

I want it wireless.

Why?

Your router must have lots of ports for Ethernet cables and they are pretty cheap.

0 Kudos

Love OPC:)
/16

JorrenUK

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JorrenUK
Accepted Solution

I had a similar problems with WIFI. I got a new PS3 slim for Xmas to replace my phat. The new slim model didn't connect, various error codes appearing, DNS errors, slow connections, disconnecting continously. The old PS3 worked perfectly in the spot, and was still working perfectly in another area in the house. I tried everything (DMZ, port forwarding, etc) and I was pulling my hair out!!!

In the end, after weeks of problems, I found out that a few wires (wrapped together) about an inch above the PS3 was causing the problem. Those wires didn't effect the phat WIFI signal but were effecting the slim WIFI signal. I just could not believe it. I relocated those wires and my PS3 has been working brilliantly for last 2 weeks.

Have you moved your PS3, or changed anything around it (new TV, digital TV box, etc) that could effect the WIFI signal?

0 Kudos

/16

J-D-Turner

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
J-D-Turner
Accepted Solution

OMG That actually worked! I never knew wires could affect the internet. Especially ones coming from a HD PVR which are just composites! Thank You soo much

0 Kudos

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

J-D-Turner wrote:

OMG That actually worked! I never knew wires could affect the internet. Especially ones coming from a HD PVR which are just composites! Thank You soo much

Even your central heating or street lighting can affect your connection. I had a problem with my internet last year and was asked about the heating or lights. Didn't believe them at first but apparently it can happen!

For the OP if you want to stay wireless you could try those Homeplugs and see if that sorts your problem out.

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

I have had the same problem, never happened to me before and all of a sudden it just kept signing out but not constantly, like few hours in between, sometimes even a day or two. I have also tried a wired connection but that was worse because more often, the ethernet cable kept ''disconnection'' or ''unplugged'' which clearly it wasnt, I even checked the points and ports, nothing wrong.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
 photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
/16

AZATACK99

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AZATACK99
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

/16

AZATACK99

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AZATACK99
Accepted Solution
My SEN account is fine my connection is fine I'm connected via an Ethernet cable I've tried everything possible trust me and it simply does not work. This morning it works and now it's out for days at a time so rather than a cry for help I'm just sending a complaint because there are no issues. The main reason I'm so angry is because every other thing I use to game works fine wirelessly on the same connection for instance my iPhone 4S how ironic is that eh?! This issue needs to be fixed immediately because things like this aren't cheap if someone thinks the know how to help just post it i need feedback.
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
98%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

AZATACK99 wrote:
My SEN account is fine my connection is fine I'm connected via an Ethernet cable I've tried everything possible trust me and it simply does not work. This morning it works and now it's out for days at a time so rather than a cry for help I'm just sending a complaint because there are no issues. The main reason I'm so angry is because every other thing I use to game works fine wirelessly on the same connection for instance my iPhone 4S how ironic is that eh?! This issue needs to be fixed immediately because things like this aren't cheap if someone thinks the know how to help just post it i need feedback.

The problem will be your end have you looked at opening ports or setting up a DMZ if you run a PS3 connecting test what are the results?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/Port-Numbers-which-do-I-need-to...

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/How-to-put-your-PS3-into-a-DMZ/...

I very rarely have problems myself and since recently moving ISP to BT not one single PSN disconnection, if trying either of the above doesn't help you may need to take a look at your ISP and router/modem, some routers whatever you try are just useless they either want bypassing or replacing.

0 Kudos

/16

shadstah

86%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shadstah
Accepted Solution

So, here's my problem.

I reset default settings on my PS3 about an hour ago, all goes well. Set my display/audio settings as I had them previous, all went well. Signed in to PSN... oh wait! I didn't as I have a DNS error? How so? I just connected to Netflix no problem! I also connected to it on my phone!

Now before anyone says it's my router, it's not, I set it and my PS3 up again exactly the way it was before. DNS settings are the same ones I used before, PS3 is back in the same DMZ as it was before I reset it.

Just find it laughable, and when I say laughable I mean "oh hell I need to pick up my ribs as they just fell out 'cause i was laughing so hard" laughable, that I can connect to whichever app I want on my PS3 yet try to sign in to PSN and I have a DNS error.

0 Kudos

Just because I'm not saying it, Don't mean I'm not thinking it!
/16

CyBeR-CaNNoN

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CyBeR-CaNNoN
Accepted Solution

i tested my connection and it was 100% signal strengthhowever it keeps disconnecting while on youtube xmb games ect and plus im on wirless and the router is far away

0 Kudos

PS3 keep disconnecting..

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel