22 Jan 2011
By Healt

Playstation Staff

PS3 keep disconnecting..

[ Edited ]
16 Replies 29,789 Views edited 22-01-2011

Hey!

Last couple of days, my ps3 keeps disconnecting from net. I have been having same settings and everything for 6 months and it has been working just fine without any problems.. Now when I go online, I stay in game for like 2 minutes then it disconnects and I have no clue why, since I havent change anything... any idea what could cause this? p.s. my router is just next to my ps3 and nothing blocking its signal.

and its wireless..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (29,789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 keep disconnecting..

Try connecting your ps3 to the router via an Ethernet cable.

Then go to Network settings>Internet connection setings and follow the steps.:smileyhappy:

Love OPC:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (29,768 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I want it wireless.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (29,735 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

using the ethernet cable may solve your problems and give u a more stable connection

if u still want it wireless u will still have these problems u r suffering unless someone can come up with a solution

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (29,725 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

best using wired.

to many things can interfere with it when wireless

If your router  is next to your PS3 use it wired it will be better all around.

Other than that you may have to go into your router settings and try changing the wireless channel

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (29,722 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

or u could try this to see if it fixes your problems

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/How-to-put-your-PS3-into-a-DMZ/td-p/10655...

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (29,713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Healt wrote:

I want it wireless.

Why?

Your router must have lots of ports for Ethernet cables and they are pretty cheap.

Love OPC:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (29,700 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I had a similar problems with WIFI. I got a new PS3 slim for Xmas to replace my phat. The new slim model didn't connect, various error codes appearing, DNS errors, slow connections, disconnecting continously. The old PS3 worked perfectly in the spot, and was still working perfectly in another area in the house. I tried everything (DMZ, port forwarding, etc) and I was pulling my hair out!!!

In the end, after weeks of problems, I found out that a few wires (wrapped together) about an inch above the PS3 was causing the problem. Those wires didn't effect the phat WIFI signal but were effecting the slim WIFI signal. I just could not believe it. I relocated those wires and my PS3 has been working brilliantly for last 2 weeks.

Have you moved your PS3, or changed anything around it (new TV, digital TV box, etc) that could effect the WIFI signal?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (29,658 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

OMG That actually worked! I never knew wires could affect the internet. Especially ones coming from a HD PVR which are just composites! Thank You soo much

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (28,868 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

J-D-Turner wrote:

OMG That actually worked! I never knew wires could affect the internet. Especially ones coming from a HD PVR which are just composites! Thank You soo much

Even your central heating or street lighting can affect your connection. I had a problem with my internet last year and was asked about the heating or lights. Didn't believe them at first but apparently it can happen!

For the OP if you want to stay wireless you could try those Homeplugs and see if that sorts your problem out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (28,858 Views)
0 Kudos