Playstation Staff

Re: [PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

Hi so I registered my PS3 in the UK, just bought the new Fifa 12 in the US were I now live. With Fifa 12 to play online you must redeem a code, I downloaded it but then when I go to play online it says the code redeemed doesn't match my PSN region so I can't play online......

I wouldn't care so much if being on the UK network at least allowed me to watch I Player? It lets me see the tv shows but when I go to view them they don't actually show.... so am I being punished twice? Surely it should be one or the other right, or is something else stopping me from viewing I player in the US? Is there anything I can do so I can watch it?

Thanks....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 93 (9,924 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

GraphiteGB wrote:

WUCV wrote:
Guys. I bought a PS3 and my country is not in the list of countries in the PS3 register list. I could use fake address but my issue is then I won't be able to use my credit card details. What should I do? Any suggetions? Please help. I am new to PSN

Use PSN cards from the same exact location as the faked addressed, You will have to buy via the web. DLC most also match the Games BD region location. 

Also be aware IP address filtered content won't work at all. Like Qriocity and PSN movie store, IPTV.. so on and so on. 

Games should work fine.

BD and DVD films can be region locked OUT unless you match the region code.  

Hi,

I have same problem.

Can't register PS3 account in my country while PS3 here is officially being sold.... 

Doesn't that mean that as a consumer I'm paying full price but get only part of functions and services of the particular product??? And besides I wasn't informed by any means about these limitations before purchase.

May be it is worth of writing an official claim to SONY and local state consumer rights protection authority in order to resolve this issue???

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 93 (9,863 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The sadest is that nobody seems to give a ***** about this at Sony...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 93 (9,735 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

surely you only need to download the content from playstation store or whereever  and the dlc is stored on the harddrive so it doesnt matter what profile is signed in??? (to save losing your friends etc)

only guesswork though!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 93 (8,922 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I used to live in Ireland and Moved to the uk a few years ago i couldnt change country on psn acc so i made a new one on the same consol witch i use to get any dlc's and my ireland psn acc and acess the dlc without any problems this is the only way i no of that you can add dlc to none uk acc or when you change country where you live you can also buy psn top-up for your originial country online playstation should be changing things by summer also will have dual id sign in on same console 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 93 (8,560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

How do you know that Sony will change things this summer?

Also would you know if Sony will allow people merge their multiple accounts together?

I would expect this because Sony forced their PSN users to open a new account everytime they wanted change their country details in their PSN account.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 93 (8,550 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Betreff: [PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

Unglaublich!

Bought in Switzerland (language options German/ French/ Italian),

moved to Austria..... language for PS Store.... German :smileysad:

My German is good, but not that good... and... address still set to Switzerland :smileysad:

WHEN WILL WE BE ALLOWED TO CHANGE COUNTRIES ON THE NETWORK SONY????

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 93 (8,387 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Betreff: [PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

What if you change a country from one which has PSN to another which doesn't?

Sony can't handle that, too complicated for them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 93 (8,368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Saunders331986 wrote:

Hi so I registered my PS3 in the UK, just bought the new Fifa 12 in the US were I now live. With Fifa 12 to play online you must redeem a code, I downloaded it but then when I go to play online it says the code redeemed doesn't match my PSN region so I can't play online......

I wouldn't care so much if being on the UK network at least allowed me to watch I Player? It lets me see the tv shows but when I go to view them they don't actually show.... so am I being punished twice? Surely it should be one or the other right, or is something else stopping me from viewing I player in the US? Is there anything I can do so I can watch it?

Thanks....

The BBC are blocking you from watching iplayer. To use this on a PC or console you need a tv license and live in the UK.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 93 (8,361 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My question isn´t really about the topic but it connects. I moved countries quite a lot in the last 7 years and am now living in Spain with a dutch psn account.  I know you can´t change the address, but about the psn card vouchers, if I buy one from a spanish game store, will it work for my dutch psn account. I know they have the same currency but do they differ because of regions like the address? Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 93 (8,019 Views)
0 Kudos