By PandorasNL

PandorasNL

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

[PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

99 Replies 151,261 Views Created 30-11-2008

Hi,

Anyone knows how to change the country in your account details? I've recently moved to another country, but I cannot enter my new address properly, as the country still is set to my old country. Nowhere can I find how to change this. Any ideas, as I don't want to create a new account, just because Sony/Playstation blocked this feature? And creating a new one will make me lose all my friends and downloaded items, right?

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
You Can't for Some reasons.
The country is what determines the language options for the PSN content.
The Playstation store is region locked as well.
If you live in a country which is not were you are born Sony seam to think you should know the Language as well, so the store is locked to the local language.

If you move region you are required to make a new PSN account and agree to the New PSN agreement on sign up. this is due to other countries having Different laws and governing bodies who controll those Laws per country. for example the UK BBFC has no powers in Australia and a BBFC 18 rated PSN game may only be a 15 rated PSN in AU.

You can keep the old account as it is still valid and you can still use it with online games. but New paid for PSN content will need to be done on the New account.
Message Edited by GraphiteGB on 01-12-2008 02:37 PM
0 Kudos

Re: [PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

PandorasNL

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PandorasNL
Accepted Solution

K, thanks for the reply. I guess I'm royally messed then, as I'll have to use two different accounts to play now?

It's weird for Sony to assume that when I live in a country, I'll speak the language well enough to read through an user agreement and understand enough of it to agree it?

Why not have the user depend what language psn is in, with a default to his/her native language? Or have English as an option?

I don't mind accepting a new agreement on changing countries (not regions even, I just moved from Netherlands to Spain, so it's still Europe).

Ah well, I guess I won't be buying any online content then. Sorry Sony, but your own fault!

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
Have fun in spain but Due to local Spain Laws you may have more/less content than Netherlands and different age ratings on the content as well.
I know that the PS3 system can be set to English/Netherlands for games to over ride Spanish but the store does not . Regional Localised PS3 games will come optimized for spainish users as well, so you might be better off buying over the internet from another retailer of your choice.

Ps Of topic, a lot of old English people live in spain but you must run in to a locals, who cant speak any thing but Spanish, I know they dropped the forced English lessons in the EU, just like the UK ditched the forced French lessons, instead you had double PE option, I know because thats what I did double PE. ( japanese was not an option then.)
0 Kudos

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

WKS_77

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WKS_77
Accepted Solution

ok but what if i want to change my credit card details

i was uk resident and i have uk account then i moved to belgium and i agree what you wrote above

but i changed my credit card for the new belgium one (so the old one is not valid any more) and when im trying to update c card details there is a united kingdom (and not active) by default in billing information on the second page (addres section) :(

[ Edited ]
wks
/16

kushlius

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kushlius
Accepted Solution

You can use your old account. Just create new to buy stuff from store, but play on your old acc. This way you will not lose your trophies.

0 Kudos

/16

WKS_77

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WKS_77
Accepted Solution

thx mate :)

i was thinking about that, but would you agree with me that everyone would like to have one account and could manage it the way he likes, not like PSN wants :(

switching between accounts all the time its not f....ing comfortable at all :)

wks
/16

Max379

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Max379
Accepted Solution

I'm agree with everything , but can we - I meen all  ps3 user write to PSN manger to change PSN setings, mb it will work , how you thing?

/16

sasalera1

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sasalera1
Accepted Solution

I agree but how we wil do this.

0 Kudos

/16

Nate_210

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nate_210
Accepted Solution

does that mean i can buy ps+ on a new account so i can use it on my old account? since im using nate_210 but it is registered to an aus address when i living there for a while, back in UK now and i wanted to purchase ps+ but cant cuz u cant change the add.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
PS+ content is locked to the account you buy On and it gets worse Not all PSN content allows users switching some are locked to the 1 user that payed for PS+. Like avatars. Any free PS+ content is rented not owned. Cancelling PS+ puts a lock on that content. untill you reactivate PS+.
0 Kudos

/16

maxm1

96%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
maxm1
Accepted Solution

Guys, I got a second account working as some suggested... now the thing is, if I buy for example theFIFA 11 Live Season update from my new account (with no history, trophies, etc.) will I be able to use that downloadable content on my old account (registered in the UK) or not?

/16

sp3100

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sp3100
Accepted Solution

did you ever get an answer for this question?

0 Kudos

/16

connorbx199

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
connorbx199
Accepted Solution

hi

do u know when u make a new acount when u buy your games and other stuff

when u go back on to your old profile will the games that u bought still be on bought acounts

0 Kudos

/16

UFSman

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
UFSman
Accepted Solution

you mean you can stick with your old account and still buy new downlaods for your games by using another account.

you see i've just moved from canada to england and don't want to start over earning trophies and levels on another account.

0 Kudos

/16

oxkipo27

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
oxkipo27
Accepted Solution

I have got ps vita  and I want to change the country but il though about getting a new PS Vita memory card and you can swapping them cards any time when ps vita is turned off.

But when you put new ps vita memory card in and turn it on then you need to setup it. (PS. I haven't tried it yet.)

0 Kudos

/16

Francroman

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Francroman
Accepted Solution

Hi if it is not possible to change the country, what happen if I have two accounts in my PS3 one is from US and the other for UK and acquire the Playstation Plus membership, lets pretend I acquire using the US account, and get some DLC and games, it is possible to use those on my UK account??
best regards

Beta Tester
/16

mattsimmo

• Beta Tester
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattsimmo
Accepted Solution
^ DLC is generally region locked so that wouldn't work. It'd need to be bought from the store that matches the game.
0 Kudos

/16

Anubis3T1

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Anubis3T1
Accepted Solution

I'm sorry but what is the concept of globalization?

Does sony really think I can't move from a country to another?

It's ridiculous to even imagine that such a huge company thinks like that.

/16

enmotent_DE

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
enmotent_DE
Accepted Solution

1 year with PS+ in Germany. Now Im moving to UK, and im going to lose all my games. Thank you, Sony. You suck.

/16

Niklasvdm

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Niklasvdm
Accepted Solution

I'm pritty sure nowhone has it as bad as me , i moved to Switserland from Belgium , and i bought a 50 CHF (Suisse money) card , didn't work , scince i live close to Italy , i bought one there , thinking that it might be an  Money diffrence Problem , and now , i have 100 Euro on a little playstation card , wich won't work , THIS would be the reason i would buy XboX

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel