30 Nov 2008

Playstation Staff

[PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

90 Replies 119,958 Views Created 30-11-2008

Hi,

Anyone knows how to change the country in your account details? I've recently moved to another country, but I cannot enter my new address properly, as the country still is set to my old country. Nowhere can I find how to change this. Any ideas, as I don't want to create a new account, just because Sony/Playstation blocked this feature? And creating a new one will make me lose all my friends and downloaded items, right?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 91 (119,958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: [PSN ACCOUNT] How to change the country in address details?

[ Edited ]
You Can't for Some reasons.
The country is what determines the language options for the PSN content.
The Playstation store is region locked as well.
If you live in a country which is not were you are born Sony seam to think you should know the Language as well, so the store is locked to the local language.

If you move region you are required to make a new PSN account and agree to the New PSN agreement on sign up. this is due to other countries having Different laws and governing bodies who controll those Laws per country. for example the UK BBFC has no powers in Australia and a BBFC 18 rated PSN game may only be a 15 rated PSN in AU.

You can keep the old account as it is still valid and you can still use it with online games. but New paid for PSN content will need to be done on the New account.
Message Edited by GraphiteGB on 01-12-2008 02:37 PM
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 91 (119,877 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

K, thanks for the reply. I guess I'm royally messed then, as I'll have to use two different accounts to play now?

It's weird for Sony to assume that when I live in a country, I'll speak the language well enough to read through an user agreement and understand enough of it to agree it?

Why not have the user depend what language psn is in, with a default to his/her native language? Or have English as an option?

I don't mind accepting a new agreement on changing countries (not regions even, I just moved from Netherlands to Spain, so it's still Europe).

Ah well, I guess I won't be buying any online content then. Sorry Sony, but your own fault!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 91 (119,823 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Have fun in spain but Due to local Spain Laws you may have more/less content than Netherlands and different age ratings on the content as well.
I know that the PS3 system can be set to English/Netherlands for games to over ride Spanish but the store does not . Regional Localised PS3 games will come optimized for spainish users as well, so you might be better off buying over the internet from another retailer of your choice.

Ps Of topic, a lot of old English people live in spain but you must run in to a locals, who cant speak any thing but Spanish, I know they dropped the forced English lessons in the EU, just like the UK ditched the forced French lessons, instead you had double PE option, I know because thats what I did double PE. ( japanese was not an option then.)
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 91 (119,796 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ok but what if i want to change my credit card details

i was uk resident and i have uk account then i moved to belgium and i agree what you wrote above

but i changed my credit card for the new belgium one (so the old one is not valid any more) and when im trying to update c card details there is a united kingdom (and not active) by default in billing information on the second page (addres section) :smileysad:

wks
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 91 (117,861 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You can use your old account. Just create new to buy stuff from store, but play on your old acc. This way you will not lose your trophies.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 91 (117,836 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thx mate :smileyhappy:

i was thinking about that, but would you agree with me that everyone would like to have one account and could manage it the way he likes, not like PSN wants :smileysad:

switching between accounts all the time its not f....ing comfortable at all :smileyhappy:

wks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 91 (117,799 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I'm agree with everything , but can we - I meen all  ps3 user write to PSN manger to change PSN setings, mb it will work , how you thing?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 91 (114,988 Views)

Playstation Staff

u said dat if we move to a different country or region we could either have to use the same id or make a new one. how do u make the new one cause that feature is not permitted right??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 91 (114,555 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Okay this is a bit of a mess. What happens if I bought a playstation+ subscription moved to another country before the year is over? Does that mean I have to buy another subscription there....fat chance SONY!!
The good life starts when you stop wanting a better one.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 91 (110,902 Views)
0 Kudos