28 Jul 2012
By: zikac-

4 Posts

PSN Cards

4 Replies 384 Views Created 28-07-2012

So, I've finally decided to buy PSN £25 card, but what troubles me is that I heard your code won't be redeemed if your account doesn't match the country you're in. So the question is, I have UK account (I know this is Cro account but I prefer UK) but live in Croatia, where I made my UK account, will I be able to redeem PSN card funds and shop since I've never been in UK?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (384 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: PSN Cards

It's against the terms and conditions of SEN/PSN to have accounts for countries you don't reside in. Openly admitting that you're doing so may lead to your console or account(s) being permanently banned from the network.

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (372 Views)
0 Kudos

Ouch. I'm sorry for not knowing that. But I had my UK account long ago since Croatian account were available. Now you changed my mind and I will buy Croatian PSN card for this account.
Once again I'm sorry and I hope my console or account won't be banned.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (348 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You probably won't see this, given the date you posted, But i felt i had to reply, Yes it's true, it is against the toc's to have account in 'different' country, Yet So many people Are doing this now And openly, you only need to read the eublogs store update to see this, But just to answer your question, IF you have UK psn card, and UK psn account, then basically YES you can redeem it from Anywhere.. Though i Have to ask  WHY would you want to ?, just do what most psn users do and make a US account, Much better SERVICE and Content than us EU/UK folk are 'supposed' to put up with, personally i am not that much into psn games, But as far as getting banned, Well i guess it has happened, But if sony were to actively enforce that (silly, imo) clause in the toc's, they would lose a great deal of both business, and (allready disgruntled) customers. again imo.

(if someone is going to add their 'views' about my comments, no prob, but Please don't use that quote button, especially when/if were on same page,).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

If you live in another country and need to buy a Ps3 network card you can get them from www.consolecodeslab.com there pretty decent guys.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (289 Views)
0 Kudos