21 Aug 2014
Online Support
Playstation Staff

PSN Maintenance rescheduled for Thursday 28th August

[ Edited ]
46 Replies 30,049 Views edited 27-08-2014

Hi guys,

Mondays PSN Maintenance has been rescheduled for tomorrow, Thursday 28th August from 16:00 until Friday 29th August 05:00 BST

For the duration of the maintenance you will be unable to login to Account Management and the PS Store. PS Home will also be unavailable.

If you have successfully signed in to your account on a device before the maintenance on a PS4 or within the past 5 days on any other PlayStation device, you should be able to stay connected and not lose your online session.

Users who do not have their details cached, will not be able to sign-in to their account or begin an online gaming session.

There may be some additional downtime after the maintenance period for testing purposes.

Any questions please ask.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 47 (30,049 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN Maintenance scheduled for Monday 25th August

[ Edited ]

Blooming 'eck lad that's a long time. I say this for every maintance, but why can't this be done in the middle of the night? Eg 3am till 11am.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 47 (29,932 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Richard93 wrote:

Blooming 'eck lad that's a long time. I say this for every maintance, but why can't this be done in the middle of the night? Eg 3am till 11am.

Timing has to always favor the US even though the largest community is the EU I suppose it's where the main master servers are.

Can't believe it's a bloomin bank holiday again like maintenence in may,I know it won't affect online play but many are off work may want access to the store and account management.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 47 (29,852 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

And on a Bank Holiday.

My life is over :smileysurprised:

Hey I usually play about 8am Tuesday mornings so Richards suggestion is no good for me...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 47 (29,836 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Yeah, it's done during the working hours of those in the Pacific Time zone. Which is why it always lands at 4pm here.

Y'know, it's been far too long since we've had a long ranting thread in the PS4 GD section about PSN downtime. Wonderful. I'll get the popcorn ready.
 photo Josie_zpshkropr6l.gif
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 47 (29,820 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I hope this maintenance fixes the sign in issues with PSN on ps4 :smileysad: i cant even update a game :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 47 (29,555 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Apologies for the timing chaps. I have passed on your feedback around bank holls PSN maintenance. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 47 (29,419 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

this is bull every bank holiday its down begining to think i brought the wrong console ....... 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 47 (29,269 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

gruf69 wrote:

this is bull every bank holiday its down begining to think i brought the wrong console ....... 

As long as you sign in before the maintenance you will still be able to play online. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 47 (29,257 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

SuperFastZombie wrote:

gruf69 wrote:

As long as you sign in before the maintenance you will still be able to play online. 

Try signing in :smileywink: .. next to the maintenance we now have an outage on our hand that prevents from signing in. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 47 (27,819 Views)
0 Kudos