Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PSN Maintenance rescheduled for Thursday 28th August

[ Edited ]
46 Replies 33,244 Views edited 27-08-2014

Hi guys,

Mondays PSN Maintenance has been rescheduled for tomorrow, Thursday 28th August from 16:00 until Friday 29th August 05:00 BST

For the duration of the maintenance you will be unable to login to Account Management and the PS Store. PS Home will also be unavailable.

If you have successfully signed in to your account on a device before the maintenance on a PS4 or within the past 5 days on any other PlayStation device, you should be able to stay connected and not lose your online session.

Users who do not have their details cached, will not be able to sign-in to their account or begin an online gaming session.

There may be some additional downtime after the maintenance period for testing purposes.

Any questions please ask.

SFZ

0 Kudos
LABELS: Getting Online

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Richard93

93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Richard93
Accepted Solution

Blooming 'eck lad that's a long time. I say this for every maintance, but why can't this be done in the middle of the night? Eg 3am till 11am.

Re: PSN Maintenance scheduled for Monday 25th August

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

Richard93 wrote:

Blooming 'eck lad that's a long time. I say this for every maintance, but why can't this be done in the middle of the night? Eg 3am till 11am.

Timing has to always favor the US even though the largest community is the EU I suppose it's where the main master servers are.

Can't believe it's a bloomin bank holiday again like maintenence in may,I know it won't affect online play but many are off work may want access to the store and account management.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

el-ve

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
el-ve
Accepted Solution
And on a Bank Holiday.

My life is over :o

Hey I usually play about 8am Tuesday mornings so Richards suggestion is no good for me...
0 Kudos

/16

Snozzlenut

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Snozzlenut
Accepted Solution
Yeah, it's done during the working hours of those in the Pacific Time zone. Which is why it always lands at 4pm here.

Y'know, it's been far too long since we've had a long ranting thread in the PS4 GD section about PSN downtime. Wonderful. I'll get the popcorn ready.
0 Kudos

/16

ryanwilson11

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ryanwilson11
Accepted Solution

I hope this maintenance fixes the sign in issues with PSN on ps4 :( i cant even update a game :(

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Apologies for the timing chaps. I have passed on your feedback around bank holls PSN maintenance. 

/16

gruf69

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gruf69
Accepted Solution

this is bull every bank holiday its down begining to think i brought the wrong console ....... 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

gruf69 wrote:

this is bull every bank holiday its down begining to think i brought the wrong console ....... 

As long as you sign in before the maintenance you will still be able to play online. 

/16

Ew_Tux

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

SuperFastZombie wrote:

gruf69 wrote:

As long as you sign in before the maintenance you will still be able to play online. 

Try signing in ;) .. next to the maintenance we now have an outage on our hand that prevents from signing in. 

0 Kudos

/16

db4rc3

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
db4rc3
Accepted Solution

SuperFastZombie wrote:

gruf69 wrote:

Not all of us can sign in before the maintenance... I'm working at the office right now for example, tha'ts not the solution.

The logical thing to do is to schedule maintenances at late night hours, not at peak hours when the most gamers are online (evenings, weekend nights, etc). That's the way it's done in any computer system with any kind of user services. I'm a computer engineer, I know what I'm talking about.

But at least this time the maintenance does not coincide with a weekend like others in the past...If the reason for this is, as someone commented, that the maintenances are done by US workers under pacific time... I don't mind, simply get a group of them ready to work at night and pay them accordingly in order to do the maintenance for the european servers.

0 Kudos

/16

AJ_1997_

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AJ_1997_
Accepted Solution
Lies, I can't play online even though I signed in before the maintenance. PSN has always been terrible and they never keep their promises. Why tell us that we will be able to play online when we clearly can't? Useless morons, the servers should be safe enough to avoid hackers anyway, then there would be no need for this maintenance. Sony have failed us yet again.
0 Kudos

/16

JUGS_Raptor

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JUGS_Raptor
Accepted Solution
This may be off topic but will the dark souls 2 dlc (iron king) be downloadable using the season pass by the time that the maintenance comes?
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Maintenance rescheduled for Thursday 28th August

/16

Kazza2003

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kazza2003
Accepted Solution

Will that solve the DLC purchase problem for the Season Pass holders of Dark Souls 2 by any chance? Or do we have to wait until DLC3 comes out?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys, 

Just to clarify if you sign in on the morning of the maintenance you should be able to sign in during the maintenance window. 

There may be a few exceptions as during maintenance you may get signed out but this should be rare. 

SFZ 

0 Kudos

/16

Tigzar

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tigzar
Accepted Solution

Cant play online on all games tho, as at the moment im only interested in the last of us online.

signed into psn but obv last of us online doesnt work.

(been online all day) - literally 

0 Kudos

/16

TiggsPanther

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TiggsPanther
Accepted Solution

So, having not logged in since last night (and currently being out at work and not getting home until 6pm) I may not be able to use my PS3 for anything I actually use tonight?

Seeing that services with their own loging and own fees (that I am paying in addition to having PSPlus) suddenly becoming unaccessible if I'm not actively logged into PSN. So no Crunchyroll. no FF14.

How about one day you absolutely but your foot down and insist that, evne just once, a maintenance window not actually start until 8pm at the latest.

0 Kudos

/16

jim-shanie

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jim-shanie
Accepted Solution
So do i need to login before 4pm and stayed signed in if i want to play tomorrow night? Or will just logging in tonight and play for a bit and then turn on again tomorrow night be ok?

/16
24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
baba_0reily_mike
Accepted Solution
Also seeking confirmation to jim-shanie's question. So if I log on tomorrow morning, turn off the PS3, go to work, come back home, will I still be able to log in tomorrow evening? Or do I need to keep my PS3 powered on for the duration of my absence?
0 Kudos

/16

JackC_74

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JackC_74
Accepted Solution
Its been rescheduled twice now!! >:( just want to download the newest TWD episode that was due out 2 days ago!!!!
0 Kudos

Community Manager

Envisager

• Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Envisager
Accepted Solution

JackC_74 wrote:
Its been rescheduled twice now!! >:( just want to download the newest TWD episode that was due out 2 days ago!!!!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-walking-dead-season-2-ep-5-no-g...

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel