24 Oct 2008
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PSN User ID

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 12,156 Views edited 24-10-2008

Hi, I wonder if you can help.

2 days ago I was burgled and my ps3 was stolen - along with some other items.

I was wondering that once I get a new PS3 via my insurance, would I be able to still use my PSN user ID from my old machine?  Or is it lost forever?

Also in addition to this, my bank card was linked to this user ID through the PS store so I am a little worried that they may be able to access the information too. 

Thanks for your help

Steve

Message Edited by Bumflaps on 24-10-2008 10:21 AM
Message Edited by Bumflaps on 24-10-2008 10:22 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (12,156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN User ID

Bumflaps wrote:

Hi, I wonder if you can help.

2 days ago I was burgled and my ps3 was stolen - along with some other items.

I was wondering that once I get a new PS3 via my insurance, would I be able to still use my PSN user ID from my old machine?  Or is it lost forever?

Also in addition to this, my bank card was linked to this user ID through the PS store so I am a little worried that they may be able to access the information too. 

Thanks for your help

Steve

Message Edited by Bumflaps on 24-10-2008 10:21 AM
Message Edited by Bumflaps on 24-10-2008 10:22 AM

The id should be able to be reused when you get ur new ps3 - as long as you know e-mail and password. All you do is say you want to use an exisitng account when setting up. Also you need to enter the password to gain access to your account info on the ps3 so that should be secure. The only thing you may need to worry about is if they buy items from the ps3 store on your ps3. You dont need to reenter the password to do that.

Hope that helps....

alp27 

alp27
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (12,121 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yes, you can.  But please make sure that you contact us so we can suspend your account until you have a new one so that no-one can fraudulently use your details.

Thanks.

NF

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (12,113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

HI,

I have now got a replacement for my stolen PS3 so now I have 1 or 2 more questions.

1, Can I set up a new PSN ID and have everything associated with my last one moved across to the new one?

2, Would the downloads I had from the PSN store be saved and downloadable for free, or would I have to purchase everything again?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (12,074 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Hi,

Your answers:

1. You can use your old PSN ID to reuse anything associated with it.
  2. If you sign up for a new PSN ID you would have to purchase this content again.  We can't transfer services / purchases between accounts.

Hope this helps!

NF

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (12,062 Views)
0 Kudos