12 Nov 2013

Playstation Staff

PSN error code 8002A240

12 Replies 36,070 Views Created 12-11-2013
The PSN Will not sign me in. it continues to send e round in circles. the system was fine last night. how do i fix it??

G.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (36,070 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN error code 8002A240

Logon to www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and accept the new terms and conditions.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (36,046 Views)

Playstation Staff

I am also getting this error when I go online on my PS3. I would sign in, play for about 15 minutes and then the error will hit and sign me out. I can sign in back instantly but it'll do the same thing over again.

I have also accepted the terms and conditions that popped up a couple of days ago when I was signing in on my PS3 and played normally afterwards so I don't know why it hits me with this error now. I heard signing in here or www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com will give me an option to re-accept the terms and conditions but it never appeared.

Anyone have any other suggestions I could do? Or will Sony release a small patch to fix this? :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (35,698 Views)

Playstation Staff

I followed the link and accepted the terms of the agreement and also changed my password and this resolved the issue for me. (I do not think the resetting of the password is required...just forgot mine. :smileyhappy:

Best of luck,

D

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (35,113 Views)

Playstation Staff

I just want to update, the error isn't popping up now so it might have just been a glitch or something. Got me worried for a second there haha :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (34,786 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Were do I accept the terms and policy when I go to that of sight
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (28,314 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

OWENFONTES wrote:
Were do I accept the terms and policy when I go to that of sight

You should be prompted to accept the new terms when you sign in to your PSN account.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (28,285 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It also worked for me to go onto sonyentertainment network.com and re-accept the terms. Then signed onto psn with no problem. Thanks for the help!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (23,643 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you my friend! !!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (22,149 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I had the same problem today while I was trying to log in in-game when I got this code an I couldn't see the new terms. So note that you can accept the new terms while signing in at the XBM screen.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (20,923 Views)
0 Kudos