06 Apr 2012
By: Fallen-Angel-90 Member 9 Posts
Level 1

PSN keeps signing me out? Help??

105 Replies 16,354 Views Created 06-04-2012

Not sure if anyone else has already made a post about this but I'm kind of at a loss as what to do really.

Basically ever since the latest PSN update my account has been acting up. It signs me out a lot for no reason, it will sign me in for a few mins at a time and then just come up with an error code and log me out. At first I thought it must be my Internet connection as I'm also connected wirelessly but my internet connection on my computer seems fine =/ I'm with Virgin Media and currently have 50mb broadband if thats of any help.

Also reset my modem/router multiple times but doesn't seem to make any difference, it still logs me in upon start up then after few mins logs me out. I also noticed after Mass Effect 3 came out and I was playing online, my game froze quite a few times and had to hard reset. Not played much since then as i'm worried about losing data.

Something else I've noticed is it doesn't always load my friend list properly either, it will come up with only one person online and only show four of my friends when in actual fact quite a few people are online and i have more friends on my list than four lol

So just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this? And if so weather or not there is a way to fix it? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 106 (16,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: PSN keeps signing me out? Help??

Wired or wireless?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 106 (16,331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I had a problem that sounds the same, Broadband was fine, other devices connected fine.
In the end I changed the wireless channel on my router and it's been fine since.
 photo hrh_zps79f078c0.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 106 (16,299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

@Wrathchild68: Wireless connection, I have one of those 'home hub' things so router and modem all in one. My connection was fine before the update though and I've always been connected wirelessly prior to that =/

@el-ve: Probably a stupid question but how would I go about changing the wireless channel?? haha

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 106 (16,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Before the update my connection was fine, but since the update i have also been experiencing the same.  Is periodically signing me out of psn.  Internect connection is fine also.  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 106 (16,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

@DesertCat09: Glad to hear i'm not the only one, I just find it odd that before the update my connection was fine unless of course there was a problem with my internet but if that were the case all my devices would experience the same problem so you'd know it was the internet.
Its only my PS3 thats acting up though =/ which is why i'm wondering if it had something to do with the latest update
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 106 (16,276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

to change your channel settings go in to your super hub advance settings then on the left hand side select wireless and from there u can change your channel

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 106 (16,274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

@icebabyuk
Where is my 'super hub advance settings'?? Theres nothing on my actual home hub and the only settings on the PS3 are the network settings which I can't find anything involving changing my wireless channel.

Sorry again if this sounds stupid ^^' i'm no tech expert lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 106 (16,270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

I know of others that are experiencing the same also, so it has to be because of the update.  My internet everywhere else round the house is fine.  Only been experiencing this since the  update, and i know that this is not the first time either.  This happened also last year after an update, and then the next thing i know it was suddenly fixed with another update.  I'm guessing now is just a waiting game to see if there will be a fix update.

Mind you saying that.... so far touch wood, today so far it's not done it.  It's kept me signed in, so maybe they have sorted it :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 106 (16,267 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

u will need a pc or laptop to access the hubs settings,
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 106 (16,241 Views)
0 Kudos