63%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PSN keeps signing me out? Help??

107 Replies 19,201 Views Created 06-04-2012

Not sure if anyone else has already made a post about this but I'm kind of at a loss as what to do really.

Basically ever since the latest PSN update my account has been acting up. It signs me out a lot for no reason, it will sign me in for a few mins at a time and then just come up with an error code and log me out. At first I thought it must be my Internet connection as I'm also connected wirelessly but my internet connection on my computer seems fine =/ I'm with Virgin Media and currently have 50mb broadband if thats of any help.

Also reset my modem/router multiple times but doesn't seem to make any difference, it still logs me in upon start up then after few mins logs me out. I also noticed after Mass Effect 3 came out and I was playing online, my game froze quite a few times and had to hard reset. Not played much since then as i'm worried about losing data.

Something else I've noticed is it doesn't always load my friend list properly either, it will come up with only one person online and only show four of my friends when in actual fact quite a few people are online and i have more friends on my list than four lol

So just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this? And if so weather or not there is a way to fix it? Thanks!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

MorFamous-Kali

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MorFamous-Kali
Accepted Solution

It's like that for everyone sometimes. the system just does not connect to the modem/router probably. Same goes for me.. 

0 Kudos

Re: PSN keeps signing me out? Help??

/16

K1W1_C0MP0

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
K1W1_C0MP0
Accepted Solution

i have had my ps3 for 2 years and ever since i started playing COD i have been getting conection interupted on black ops and then it signs me out sometimes it oesnt sign me out and sometimes its really bad and anoying when i'm playing with my friends and then i have to sign back in again and its hard 2 play with them because i keep getting signed out!!!! plz help!!!

0 Kudos

/16

PhoKing93

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PhoKing93
Accepted Solution
same here ever since i got black ops it keeps signing me out of psn. and when i try to reconnect it doesnt let me or it'll take a longgggg time and it still gets disconnected. never had any problems before until i got black ops.
0 Kudos

/16

GundamFanGP04G

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GundamFanGP04G
Accepted Solution

The same happens to me a lot lately.

Either it doesn't sign me in at all and says it's a DSN error (of which I tried all the answers I could find that I could understand, but nothing works) OR it will say I'm signed in, then sign me out not even a few minutes later with a DSN or some other error.

0 Kudos

/16

Themaruso

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Themaruso
Accepted Solution

All,

I have went to watch dog about this, its 100% at Sony end, we cant all have faulty Routers etc.

They have said if enough people complain they will look in to it.... So get complaining!

0 Kudos

/16

akarodban

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
akarodban
Accepted Solution

PSN is slow for me. If i get in at all! It takes 5 min to load the friends list!

0 Kudos

GT Racer Since 1997
/16

SaracenGB

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SaracenGB
Accepted Solution

I think the Watchdog idea is very good - they certainly made EA sit up and respond - not sure how that affects individual gamers like ourselves but the more we make a noise and vote with our wallets the better I think.

I've put a story in about my experiences with Battlefield, MOH games and SONY in general to add my perspective.

0 Kudos

/16

Kingharris

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kingharris
Accepted Solution

I'll concur, tonight I have been signing out and PSN is slow for me. Can't get in at the moment, but I've been on PS3 since November 2007 and this is the first of anything like this for me. I'll just see what happens..

0 Kudos

/16

kyzamoses

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kyzamoses
Accepted Solution
I am also getting this problem. I wish people would stop posting advising others to check router settings etc. This is not the problem. Sony are becoming a joke. They can't even be arsed to come onto this forum and help people. Their network is useless and so is there customer service. WHAT A'RE YOU DOING ABOUT IT SONY? My guess is NOTHING!
0 Kudos

/16

SaracenGB

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SaracenGB
Accepted Solution

PSN is really slow and buggy tonight - it's logged me off several times - I know it's not the router too so between EA and SONY you're guaranteed to have a bad experience more often than a good one :(

0 Kudos

/16

pattynufc

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pattynufc
Accepted Solution

Since the update i can rarely sign in and every other device connected to the net is fine.

also when i press PS button to go to XMB and press again to go back to game it freesez on a darkened down screen, have to reset the ps3. All since ps+ updated me

0 Kudos

Follow MarcPatterson89 on Twitter
/16

Brando4games

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Brando4games
Accepted Solution

I too have had this similar sort of experience - with the PlayStation 3 Slim when trying to log in to check the trophies, that's when I first noticed thatb there was a problem!  This was around 5:00pm  I thought nothing of it - at around 8:00pm I tried logging onto my trophy setting and it literally froze! It quite literally froze the console - I pressed the eject button on the console and selected the quit game option when pressed the PS button on the joypad!  It took a around 30 - 45 seconds for the wallpaper to vbe seen again.  So I turned off the console until Sony get to solve this little issue!

I tried logging on the PSN store on the Vita that seems to be working fine!  The trophy app seems to be trying to log in and it's not logging onto it!  The friends app on the Vita seems to be working ok!  So I think it's a problem with the trophy section of the PSN!

I'll try again in the morning and hopefully it should be working if not try and contacting Sony PlayStation to let them know that there is a problem viewing certain sections of the PSN system!

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

ShinYagami13

• Award Winner
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShinYagami13
Accepted Solution

people theres something going on and unfortunately it is global (i was trying to play with a friend from usa and they been having issues there too)

hope psn isnt down tomorrow like permanently! :Help:

0 Kudos

photo ShinYagami_zps1906437d.png
/16

XxABO-DO7AxX

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XxABO-DO7AxX
Accepted Solution
i have a big problem i forget my password I have put a random date of birth
0 Kudos

/16

par0004

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
par0004
Accepted Solution

Hi Guys

Same problem as what we are getting started up with me too. I have read all of this forum and getting a bit irritated. There can only be a few more possible problems causing this. One: Virus or something simmilar is getting at our ps3s, two: some vesions of ps3s (slim, normal etc) are incapable of connecting to all the the new psn changes or three: PSN needs to resolve an issue.

If we can cover those first two points then i really doubt that anything else could possibly fix it. Really though the only thing i can suggest is for everyone with this problem is to complain to SONY in as many ways as possible. You should also add in a link to this page so that they can see for themselves that we have tried everything. 

Also to people who keep posting bs like: your fault not SONY's, read the entire forum, think and if neither of those two work, get f***ed because there are quite a number of us having issues.

0 Kudos

/16

Ekoshyun

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ekoshyun
Accepted Solution

Hey all,

I haven't been able to sign into my account for over 3 weeks now. I think this started happening after PS+ auto-updated a few things.

Everything else that's connected to my network works 100% ok. It's just been the PS3 and its random sign-outs and DNS error codes. I thought it was a temporary issue, but it has persisted so long that I might just sell the PS3 out of frustration.

I've been hunting around the Internet for hours now with no working solution. Anyone find a fix that actually works?

0 Kudos

/16

ghaz3274

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ghaz3274
Accepted Solution

my ps3 keeps signing me out and my downloads suffer from an error, so i can't download anything, also my download speed on my ps3 has extremely slown down. All this is happening the first time to me, please help...

0 Kudos

/16

TyWeezy_23

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TyWeezy_23
Accepted Solution

My Game is also Signing out! Plz Add me- TyWeezy_23 -PSN NAME

0 Kudos

/16

Karawarri

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Karawarri
Accepted Solution

Same thing for me that started only a few days ago. Same thing in being suspect to the PS+ because only after that bullsh*t was added to my console has any issue like this occurred. A friend has had it happen to him for a longer period and sometimes it will sign him out almost right away. Playstation are passing the buck. What if ... just like there is false flag terrorism to encourage a populace to agree or follow an action they wouldn't normally be at ease with, that there might come a false flag hacking that is all to convienient for playstation to encourage its many free online players to agree to a "safe and functioning" subscribed situation like xbox live. After all there would be alot of ***** off gamers if they suddenly required paid subscription to play and they may lose customers ($) if they just did it outrightly. But to do it sneaky, to do it with pretending that they have the best interests of thier customers in mind, then there would be less loss in terms of people feeling ripped off and leaving for xbox or other things. This PS+ seems suspiciously like a precursor to having to pay/subscribe in order to play online through the PSN. Playstation Plus = XBox Live

0 Kudos

/16

kyle_wearing

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kyle_wearing
Accepted Solution

It's happening to me also. I'm not the first of my friends to suffer from this either, and yes it's definatley on there end. I'm assuming Sony may recognise there's a problem when people start cancelling there psn+ subscriptions! Put me down for the watchdog thing, for a company like Sony this is a disgrace, it would cost them nothing to fix as they already have developers so get some working on it.

0 Kudos

/16

ry4ncj

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ry4ncj
Accepted Solution

This is beyond a bloody joke now, I have had this problem for the past week or two & to be frank I am losing my rag with the crap. It is a joke, I pay £40 for ps+ something in which I can't even get access to because when I do sign in, i cannot do anything if i try to go onto the store, load up a game, check my trophies, check my psn card I get booted straight out of the Sony Entertainment Network. What a load of poo!!!!

I have countless games that i spend my money on in which have technically become useless in the way I want to play them which is ONLINE. I bought a ps3 to be able to go ONLINE, to be able to download my PS+ games in which I need to be able to be ONLINE to download. SONY SORT IT. It has been since I updated, I didn't have a problem before, but i am continiously trying to sign in and it won't work or signs me in for a matter or moments. My internet connection is fine, I run the test and i have IP, Internet and funnily enough PSN, but that doesn't seem to want to work!! What is going on??? Anyone found a solution without fiddling with my F'ing internet which is fine.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel