19 Jun 2012
By JoeNut
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PlayStation Plus, Moving Countries

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 615 Views edited 22-06-2012

My situation is that i am moving country, i have an old fat ps3 (been running it since launch) and will have to take it on the plane, the problem is that the ps3 weighs 5 kilo's and thats the maximum hand luggage, and its going to be a ball ache. So i am wondering if its possible for me to save all my save games onto playstation plus storage. leave my ps3 here and then when i move back to england, buy a new ps3, log into my user and download all the saves off the cloud storage, effectively using it as the data transfer facility without having to have 2 ps3's in the same room. Is this possible? or can you not download the saves from the cloud, so would i have to always be on playstation plus to use the cloud? i am hoping i could just get the minimum amount, use the cloud, download the saves back to the new ps3. then not renew ps+ Thanks guys.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sig courtesy of ninjaowen
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (615 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Playstation Plus question

bump

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (588 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Yes you can log into your old account to access and download your content with a new console in another country. But, you can no longer make purchases using your old account as you're no longer a resident of the country it was created for, so you'll have to make a new account for your new country of residence for all future purchases.

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Also, if your PS+ Subscription lapses you don't have long before the content will bee deleted. You'd be best packing the PS3 carefully and taking it with you in with your clothes etc. Worst case scenario it breaks, but if you leave it you're gonna need a new one anyway.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (573 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

thanks guys, think im going to try get it home unharmed.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (563 Views)
0 Kudos