PSN Support

PSN Support

06 Jun 2013
By: Fingelpoli

2 Posts

Recovering a deleted account

3 Replies 93 Views Created 06-06-2013

Hello. I recently bought a PS3.

I was creating my PSN online ID with it but I discovered that the ID that I wanted was already been taken.

I found that odd since I had already been using the nick on the internet for almost the past ten years and had never encountered anybody else using the same nick anywhere even on other popular service (Xbox Live and Steam for example). So I thought that I might have registered on PSN earlier.

So I contact my countries PSN support and they told me that they couldn't find any information about the Online ID and they contacted SCEE for more information. SCEE found that the ID had been used in the past but had now been deleted and no information about it existed anymore. SCEE suggested that I'd create another Online ID.

I understand that might be impossible to do anything about this anymore, but since I've grow quite fond of it during the past nine years I'd like to use the same nick in PSN aswell. So I'm asking if there is anything that could be done about restoring the Online ID?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (93 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: Recovering a deleted account

Short of trying to register it as your own ID on another email address then no. Sorry.

It'll probably be made available at some point in the future if Sony clean up their databases but till then you'll have to wait.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (62 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hmm. Ok. Any idea that how of do they clean up their databases? And do you happen to know of other means of contacting than their country specific customer service agents?
(Since well where from the customer service agent has been outsourced and doesn't actually directly work for Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (56 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

As far as I know.... never. There's no other means of contacting support, though if it's about non-region specific issues you could try contacting the US PlayStation Support team on LiveChat on their website http://us.playstation.com

They're pretty helpful with some stuff so long as you don't mention you're from the EU.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (51 Views)
0 Kudos