28 Mar 2013
By mozzie1
Playstation Staff

Renew the license in the Playstation Store

4 Replies 1,839 Views Created 28-03-2013
Okay, so last night, I purchased and downloaded Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for the PS3 on the store.
I was told I had to wait until 12:01 today before I would be able to play the game. However, when I went to play the game today, I was still unable to play, as it said the content still hasn't been activated.
To try to solve this problem, I deleted the game, and re-downloaded it from my Download List. I've just tried to launch the game again, this time getting a message saying 'This content can be used if you renew the license in Playstation Store'.
I then proceeded to the store, only to find that the game was no longer in my Download List, and the store big 'Download' button next to the game, has been replaced with the 'Add to Cart £19.99' button.
I'm logged into the same account that I first purchased the game on, and the account is still activated on this console.

Does anyone have any idea what's happened here or what I could do to solve the issue?

I'd be really grateful for any help you could give, as this has stumped me completely.

Thanks very much for your time!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (1,839 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Re: Renew the license in the Playstation Store

mozzie1 wrote:
Okay, so last night, I purchased and downloaded Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for the PS3 on the store.
I was told I had to wait until 12:01 today before I would be able to play the game. However, when I went to play the game today, I was still unable to play, as it said the content still hasn't been activated.
To try to solve this problem, I deleted the game, and re-downloaded it from my Download List. I've just tried to launch the game again, this time getting a message saying 'This content can be used if you renew the license in Playstation Store'.
I then proceeded to the store, only to find that the game was no longer in my Download List, and the store big 'Download' button next to the game, has been replaced with the 'Add to Cart £19.99' button.
I'm logged into the same account that I first purchased the game on, and the account is still activated on this console.

Does anyone have any idea what's happened here or what I could do to solve the issue?

I'd be really grateful for any help you could give, as this has stumped me completely.

Is this something you purchased with PS Plus mozzie?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (1,827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

It wasn't no. I pre-ordered it at full price the night before it came out. There was no promotion, and it wasn't tied to Plus in any way.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (1,824 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

SuperFastZombie wrote:

mozzie1 wrote:

Is this something you purchased with PS Plus mozzie?

It wasn't no. I pre-ordered it at full price the night before it came out. There was no promotion, and it wasn't tied to Plus in any way.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (1,810 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

mozzie1 wrote:

from what u have said, i think there was a problem with the pre order download. what i surgest u phone the playstation surport about the problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (1,784 Views)
0 Kudos