16 Oct 2012
Playstation Staff

Uncharted 2 DLC not compatible with the digital version of the game?.

[ Edited ]
203 Replies 1,845 Views edited 16-10-2012
Dear Playstation,

I have recently purchased the digital version of Uncharted 2 (19GB) version (1.10), it works fine, plays fine except for my previously purchased DLC (Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack (BCES-00509) – Siege Pack Expansion (BCES-00509))
which used to work fine on my disc based version of the game (BCES-00509), but does not seem to be compatible with my digital version cuz when I load the multiplayer and go to DLC maps and trophies it tells me I have to purchase DLC inorder to be able to play them.
it’s a little weird because both DLC and digital version were bought from same store region under the same account name. HELP PLEASE! I need to get the remaining trophies in the DLC. So far I've tried redownloading, reinstalling both of DLC packs, still no luck :smileysad:

My PS Store region is SA [Saudi Arabia].

Ahmed Saeed, PSN ID: a7md1990
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 204 (1,845 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Uncharted 2 DLC not compatible with the digital version of the game?.

Guys  please HELP! this is frustrating me so much, I tried e-mailing sony and naughty dog but no replies yet :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 204 (1,803 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

a7md1990 wrote:

Guys  please HELP! this is frustrating me so much, I tried e-mailing sony and naughty dog but no replies yet :smileysad:

Hi a7md1990,

I will have a look into this and get back to you!

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 204 (1,794 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I will be waiting, thanx alot :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 204 (1,789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Hi there, 

I have queried this with the store team, the digital copy is not compatible with the DLC which is why this is not working. In the description of the DLC it describes needing 'the game with the product code BCES-00509' which is the disc region.

Have you checked here for the correct email support?

You can also try

Saudi Arabia:

networksupport@sa.playstation.com

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 204 (1,767 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Oh hi,

I was already aware of the game code that was required, problem is that this is the only DLC

available in the store for game, in other words whoever buys the game digitaly can not play DLC on it.

When I first made the purchase it gave me a bunch of downloads, English version of the game (19.5GB), Italian language pack, German, and I think french, each language pack was about 900mb, and finally the DLC was included with the purchase, the same one that has the BCES-00509 code and this is where it gets weird. Why is it included for free with the purchase if it's not compatible, I mean if there is actually a compatible version of the DLC I will be more than happy to buy.

I hope you understand the problem now :smileyhappy:, thanx again for your quick replies.

EDIT: I did check the contact page and couldn't see support for Saudi Arabia, but I will try the one you included anyway. Please reply so I can know you understand the problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 204 (1,759 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

PEOPLE PLEASE HELP!. I'M CRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!, I NEED TO GET THE DLC TROPHIES BE4 THE SERVERS DIE :'(

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 204 (1,734 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

a7md1990 wrote:

PEOPLE PLEASE HELP!. I'M CRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!, I NEED TO GET THE DLC TROPHIES BE4 THE SERVERS DIE :'(

Hi a7md1990,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I will query this DLC content, and if it will become available for the store version of the game.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 204 (1,729 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

ThanQ thanQ thanQ thanQ thanQ thanQ thanQ thanQ thanQ :-*

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 204 (1,724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

RabidWalker wrote:

a7md1990 wrote:

Hi a7md1990,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I will query this DLC content, and if it will become available for the store version of the game.

Rabid

Any updates. I'm still waiting for them to reply my email, they asked me to be patient but thought you might have an update.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 204 (1,703 Views)
0 Kudos