Support

PSN Support

PSN Support

27 Dec 2011
By: haggisok Member 34 Posts
Level 1

cant connect error code 8002a240

26 Replies 58017 Views Created 27-12-2010

I have had nothing but trouble since the firmware 3:55 update,now I cant connect anywhere? tried an internet test it reads my ip address ok but wont connect,anyone know of a solution?

cheers

haggisok:Confused:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (58,017 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: cant connect error code 8002a240

So I did a internet search and came up with the accept terms and conditions in the playstation network menu and hey presto I can now go online:Smile: . Just think it was  rather poor thinking from sony as I already had to accept terms and condiditions with the 3:55 firmware update? Cany help thingking All these extras sony have been adding (tv channels vizone music e.t.c) is messing up the gamestation, I bought a ps3 to play games! Anyways hope this will help others with the same issue.

cheers

haggisok

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (57,987 Views)
0 Kudos

This totally helped me out tonight, thank you, man!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (56,596 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

I found it was a system update I had to do, and agree to. 

I HOPE, as it's loading, that this will fix my issues.. can't watch Netflix that we watched just yesterday.  Gives that 8002A240 code but neither Playstation nor Netflix has anything to share about that error.  Once the update loads and I restart, I'll let you know if this helped.  Thanks for posting this = Google rocks!! :smileyvery-happy:

Ok - that worked, but then I had to go to Network and agree to the terms there, too.. SUCCESS!!

THANKS AGAIN! ;D

if you need good music:  muse.mu

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (56,341 Views)
0 Kudos

Will you please tell me "where" to find the update you are referring to?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (54,417 Views)
0 Kudos

Please forgive my ignorance, but I cannot log into the Playstation Network because of the 8002A240 error. How do I accept terms and conditions if I cannot get on the network?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (54,263 Views)
0 Kudos

Please forgive my ignorance, but I cannot log into the Playstation Network because of the 8002A240 error. How do I accept terms and conditions if I cannot get on the network?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (54,262 Views)
0 Kudos

Wow, great post, I hate when they change things and dont tell anyone how to fix the problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (54,058 Views)
0 Kudos

go to the main screen by hitting the button on the center of the controller, then go to playstation network next to your friends list. then click on playstation network. It will pull up a screen and ask you to accept the terms. hope this helps:Smile:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (54,053 Views)
0 Kudos

wow! Just WOW! i couldnt sign in and was *****?

thanks for those steps. That fixed it. Unbelieveable. I like how it says "you'll need to accept the terms "again".

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (53,454 Views)
0 Kudos