18 Jan 2008

Playstation Staff

error code 80710b23

17 Replies 16,368 Views Created 18-01-2008
Help me please error code 80710b23 keeps appearing and cannot sign in.opened all my ports and still no joy arghhhh????
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (16,368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: error code 80710b23

you need to changed the MTU in your PS3 settings to 1400

addicted to PSV GD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (16,361 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Just got off the phone to netgear who changed my mtu to 1450 and hey presto not sure if the 1400 works but thx anyway funny thing is sony hadn't got a clue what was wrong.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (16,362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi All, Found one possible solution for this at least it worked for me, all I had to do was go into Network Settings and disable the media server connection, looks like that was conflicting with PSN sign-in probably some problem with the settings within the router but this was a quick fix so why go poking around with settings I don't even pretend to understand, all I have to do is set it back to enable when I want to access files from my laptop as I'm not using PSN while doing that. Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (15,687 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey I have the same error but no matter what i change my mtu to i still can't sign into my playstation network. I'm getting extremely ***** because it seems that nothing can fix it so if anyone know any other solutions that the mtu one please PLEASE inform me immediatly.

Also a tip for all the people with the mtu problem if you go onto your computer you first

go to run and type in 'cmd' or 'command'

when you have done that a black screen chould come up then type in 'ping www.dslreports -f -l 1492' if it says some about a defragment you must lower the number at the end which is '1492'

drop the number about 20 untill it says that it is not being defragged

when that happenes slowly raise the end number so that it goes to the maxumim it can with out it saying it needs to be defragged.

after you have done that type in the number that you have gotten eg mine is '1472' go to your playstation and go to network settings and go to where it says mtu

when you get there switch it from automatic to manual and set it to your number

Your playstation should now be fully functional... unless you get the same problem as me. D:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (15,089 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yes, the b23 can apparently kill of your PSN ID 4 evahs without damaging Internet 4 anything else. Here is the solution (not permanent, tho-u will get the error LOTS just do again if it happens).

Turn PS3 off. Turn modem off and then on. Wait till internet light goes fully green and then sign in 2 PSN on the PS3. Tah-dah!

This happens a lot when u use the cheap "Thompson" modems.

-----------------Those links in my signature are sooooooo good. Seriously, type up ALL the web adresses. ALL OF THEM.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (15,024 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It seems, from reading this thread, this error message can apply to a lot of things. I had been using Wifi (~97% strength 56Kbps) for months and only got the 80710B23 today. My ability to connect and stay connected to COD Black Ops games had been declining for a few days now. I restarted my router like they suggested, but it still couldn't connect. I didn't try to change any settings since, as a female, i'm not just gonna pretend I know what I'm doing after reading a few blog postings with bad grammar, so I plugged the ethernet cable in, and like magic I'm connected to PSN and faster than ever. What lamesauce.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (14,882 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

ive gotten this error over and over again. makes me think sony is signing me out.
"Pokemon Plush Collector"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (12,432 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I changed my mtu to 1500, 1400, 1300, 1200, 1100, 1000 and everything in between and I still can't sign in.
Please!!! HELP!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (11,155 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

in belgium 2 dude unbeliveble ***** thats like the thirth *****ing day!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (10,901 Views)
0 Kudos