16 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff

i have free space on ps3 2 download but keeps saying i havent

12 Replies 7,471 Views Created 16-07-2012

i'm trying 2 download darksiders from psn store u need 10gb free space 2 do it i have 11gb free space on my  system but it keeps saying there's not enough free space on the system storage why is it saying this?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (7,471 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: i have free space on ps3 2 download but keeps saying i havent

How PSN store downloads work you need double the space available. Darksiders will require 22GB free space 11GB to download the file then 11GB to install the file. You will get the available space back after the install operation. Have a look in your Game Data Utility folder maybe you can temporarily remove a few disk based game installs to free up some space.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (7,467 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

From what I've found, this isn't true, the download space for me at least is normally exactly what it says, it's only when you install that it needs double the space, automatically removing the downloaded package after installing (unless you are downloading something which you can't download in the background I guess, as it will need to install immediately (I hate this! where is steambox when you need it?) )

I may be wrong, but if you are downloading, or are able to download, in the background, then you should only need that space when you install. So for you, you should only need 11GB free to download, but a further 11GB free when you select it's icon to install, which will be freed up once it has removed the installer.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (7,435 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the exact same problem with the exact same game, but I have 37gb free, so that's way more than half, but it still says there's not enough free space on the system storage. Have you resolved your problem?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (6,666 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

jdwintersun wrote:

I have the exact same problem with the exact same game, but I have 37gb free, so that's way more than half, but it still says there's not enough free space on the system storage. Have you resolved your problem?

What size is the game you wish to download?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (6,623 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

SuperFastZombie wrote:

jdwintersun wrote:

Do you mods even read what poeple post around here?

jdwintersun wrote:

I have the exact same problem with the exact same game...

Meaning it's still Darksider which weights around 11GB.

My advice, go into - settings - system settings - system information, and check exactly how much free space you have.

If you still have more then enough try going into recovery menu and run "Rebuild Database".

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (6,614 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

You can try 'Rebuilding Database', as it sounds like there is enough memory to allow for this download.

However in most cases games require up to twice their actual size to download initially, and then for the data to unpack on the HDD.

You may want to try deleting an extra GB or two to see if this allows you room?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (6,603 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

foxsevent wrote:

SuperFastZombie wrote:

jdwintersun wrote:

jdwintersun wrote:

My advice, go into - settings - system settings - system information, and check exactly how much free space you have.

If you still have more then enough try going into recovery menu and run "Rebuild Database".

That wasn't very nice. Rabid and SFZ are both very busy and do a lot more than just post in this forum. Cut them some slack, it's hard to keep up with all the threads and goings on in real life too!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (6,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

strangeplaice wrote:

foxsevent wrote:

SuperFastZombie wrote:

jdwintersun wrote:

jdwintersun wrote:

That wasn't very nice. Rabid and SFZ are both very busy and do a lot more than just post in this forum. Cut them some slack, it's hard to keep up with all the threads and goings on in real life too!

Sorry, but every time i see a mods reply it feels like an automated response.

"Please contact sony support"

"We will look into and notify you when we know something (almost never reply back)"

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (6,532 Views)
Playstation Staff

Unfortunately foxsevent a lot of issues can only be resolved by PS Support, especially account or store issues.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (6,523 Views)
0 Kudos