07 Apr 2012

Playstation Staff

"The connection to Sony Entertainment Network has timed out"

24 Replies 10,887 Views Created 07-04-2012

Dear Sony,
Since 2 days ago I haven't been able to sign in using my slim PS3. The message "The connection with Sony Entertainment Network has timed out" always crops up. I tried everything including resetting the modem and the PS3 network settings with no luckl. Weirdly enough, everything else seems to work fine: browsing, game updates and even the "what's new" section shows all the relevant and newest info. I even can create a new account with no problems but can not even sign in using the new account information.

So what seems to be the problem? Is the SEN down in some areas? Is anybody experiencing such a problem?

I am running version 4.11 of the OS.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25 (10,887 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re : "The connection to Sony Entertainment Network has timed out"

same prob here... any solution??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25 (10,858 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: "The connection to Sony Entertainment Network has timed out"

Same here :smileysad: plzzzzz a solution
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25 (10,796 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Sorry guys mine is working completely fine :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25 (10,789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Mine was playing up last night but a modem reboot sorted it out no problem since.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25 (10,783 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

That's the problem. I rebooted the modem and even restored the modem to the factory settings and nothing changed.
Testing my connection in the Network Settings menu results a success in the obtaining IP address and internet connection but when it comes to the Playstation Network connection test it tells me that its taking too long and then immediately displays SEN connection has timed out. It must related to something with the servers or something like that.
Can anybody of a high rank please look into this?
Thank you very in advance
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25 (10,768 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

El-Jehuty wrote:
That's the problem. I rebooted the modem and even restored the modem to the factory settings and nothing changed.
Testing my connection in the Network Settings menu results a success in the obtaining IP address and internet connection but when it comes to the Playstation Network connection test it tells me that its taking too long and then immediately displays SEN connection has timed out. It must related to something with the servers or something like that.
Can anybody of a high rank please look into this?
Thank you very in advance

If you have a few things connected to your router you will probably find that one has the same ip as your ps3 if so then it would be conflicting with your connection.

Either that or it a problem at your end.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25 (10,757 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

If there is an IP conflict it would affect all the services on my PS3 including the internet browser and game updates. Even account creation would be affected. So its definitely not a router or modem problem.

As for my connection, everything is working perfectly fine including the usage of multiple devices and various services. The only problem I have is that the connection with SEN is timing out.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25 (10,715 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Today April 10 2012 same problem happening for me and my freindwhen we sign in it would always say an error has occured. You have been signed out of the playstation@network. (80710B36)

or once the connection with sony entertaiment timed out so could anybody tell me what to do or is the ps network hacked again?????? thank you,:Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25 (10,655 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

jackoo_super wrote:

Today April 10 2012 same problem happening for me and my freindwhen we sign in it would always say an error has occured. You have been signed out of the playstation@network. (80710B36)

or once the connection with sony entertaiment timed out so could anybody tell me what to do or is the ps network hacked again?????? thank you,:Smile:

You may be not able to do any thing your local Internet provider may just be screwing up your connection.

They don't have to tell you.... jack. As the filtering is there right to keep HTTP usage uneffected as their FUP agreement you signed up to allows them to...  

Spoiler

Carry on trolling

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25 (10,645 Views)
0 Kudos