16 Nov 2009
Playstation Staff

Final Fantasy dissidia online?

6 Replies 988 Views Created 16-11-2009

How exactly does the Online play work?

Is it PSP to PSP through its own WLAN or is it online through an actual online network?

Sorry if this is a little confusing but it was the best way I could think to ask this question. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (988 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy dissidia online?

It's PSP to PSP only.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (965 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Domino2097 wrote:
It's PSP to PSP only.

Yep, afraid this is correct.

But if you're lucky enough to own a PS3 as well, there is some good news on the way. In the near future, you will be able to connect your PSP to your PS3 and play Dissidia online over the internet (and other PSP games too).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/11/13/adhocparty-for-playstation-portable-coming-to-scee/

Message Edited by Lt_Fed_Brusque on 17-11-2009 08:53 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (955 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

That seems like a bit of a rip off that you have to buy a PS3 if you want to play online with your PSP. If there are going to be servers for psp online game then why can't we use them just through the Wi-Fi instead of having to use the PS3 as a gate way.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (946 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Jenzaber Mensageiro:

That seems like a bit of a rip off that you have to buy a PS3 if you want to play online with your PSP. If there are going to be servers for psp online game then why can't we use them just through the Wi-Fi instead of having to use the PS3 as a gate way.

This is from the EU blog:

"To use adhoc Party you need to simply connect your PSP to a PlayStation3 system via a wireless network connection, then access adhocParty to find other players who want to play the same game as you. Just to note that to use adhocParty, your PlayStation3 system must be connected to the internet via a wired broadband connection."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/11/13/adhocparty-for-playstation-portable-coming-to-scee/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (937 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well thats sucks, also would be good to note its not all games that will work with the service only select titles! No idea what games are though so Dissidia may not be avaliable, also when the hell is that game going to be on psn, everyday i wish more and more i hadnt gotten a psp go! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (896 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Shadowlp Mensageiro:
Well thats sucks, also would be good to note its not all games that will work with the service only select titles! No idea what games are though so Dissidia may not be avaliable, also when the hell is that game going to be on psn, everyday i wish more and more i hadnt gotten a psp go! :smileyhappy:

Again from the blog:

"Compatible games include Gran Turismo, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Dissidia Final Fantasy and Resistance: Retribution. The full list of compatible games will be announced nearer release."

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (870 Views)
0 Kudos