01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

51 Replies 9,008 Views Created 09-01-2008
Hi all.

Im new here and i have a suggestion for the next PSP firmware regarding music playback. The first is could Sony incorporate a Walkman type UI in the music part. Like either replace the music application or keep the music application and have the Walkman part downloadable.

The second is could Sony incorporate custom EQs and Mega Bass like on Sony-Ericsson phones?

Thanks,
TeZ258 :gr8:
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Razgriz375

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Razgriz375
Accepted Solution

Definitely more visualizers, better information board, the current one sucks. 

Definitely a better shuffle mode which will actually shuffle all folders in music, might not work due to the new subfolder addition.

A partnership with facebook and youtube could be made so that we can upload pics/videos onto their sites.

Ability to view animated gifs?and set them as a background? (background slideshow for XMB).

Music can be played whilst looking in settings, videos, game and network menus.

Ability to create and edit M3u playlists. 

Some kind of alternate messaging service/friends list

0 Kudos

Re: Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

Raptr Forum Signature
/16

devil_spawn666

76%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
devil_spawn666
Accepted Solution

i want to be able to sort my music files into playlists -- mood, bpm, all songs random....

i use media go! v 1.1 and hate that when you transfer music to the psp it goes into folders sorted by artist, i don't always want to listen to one artist, i want to use my psp like i would/have done with an ipod.

maybe listen to a whole album, or maybe listen to songs alphabetically by title, maybe by year, maybe by genre. not one artist after another... random, variety is the spice of life... this isn't living.

rant over.

0 Kudos

/16

Sonnyjimba

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sonnyjimba
Accepted Solution
Just being able to message your PSN friends from your PSP would be great, youd be able to see your freinds list and message them and recieve messages

And when you are on PSN on the PSP, if you view someone who is on the PSP instead of the blue online dot beside their name they ould have a green one maybe, for acessing on PSP?
And the ability to play music and browse the web at once (psp is easily capible of doing this)
0 Kudos

I wub moshii :(
/16

iemanddos

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iemanddos
Accepted Solution

-Do not lose the internet connection when you exit a game or the web browser.

-Make graphical equalizer, this one (***).

-Music and internet should be possible to use at the same time.

0 Kudos

/16

opl1990

82%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
opl1990
Accepted Solution
The ability to sort music by hitting square like you can do on ps3.
0 Kudos

/16

Altair-Drax

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Altair-Drax
Accepted Solution
A DLNA client, so I can listen (and copy I I like) my music stored on my media server. The only way at the moment is to connect remotely to PS3. 
0 Kudos

Re : Re: Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

/16

storm1203

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
storm1203
Accepted Solution
Some interesting ideas we have here,one of the main ones for me is the better internet browser,but another thing id like is the same items on ps3 as the psp,ive found that sometimes ps3 gets one thing and the psp another,for instance I love playing the psp radio icon would be nice to have it on the ps3 too,what about a skype icon on the ps3 so you can make use of the mic on the go cam to make internet calls on the ps3 through skype to the psp,plus u can also use the cam on the psp for video calling?
Message Edited by storm1203 on 07-10-2009 07:50 PM
0 Kudos

Re: Re : Re: Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

[ Edited ]
/16

drdeejmd

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
drdeejmd
Accepted Solution
We already have the option of listening to streaming radio and viewing the internet at the same time with Killzone Kid's PSPRadio software.

I agree with the above that we defo need to have some way of being able to create custom EQ presets. There is a visualization on there of a spectrum analyzer which is 12-band parametric. Wouldn't it be cool if we could control 12 bands of frequencies. I also agree with the need for an update to the web browser. Nokia's 5800 uses Flash 9 so why the wait for the upgrade on the PSP?

All in all - the PSP is a awesome informational, educational and entertainment tool. I broke mine back in August and I'm off out to buy a 3000 tomorrow. I can't believe how lost I've been without it. Sony - you have a great gadget here. Stop holding back like Yelena Isanbeyava and listen to the people. Happy gamers + Money spent on PSP tools = Happy smiley rich Mr Sony.

P.S. is it true that SONY is an acronym for Somewhere Outside New York? :-)
0 Kudos

/16

ElWaster

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ElWaster
Accepted Solution

I would opt for the following:

Friends List:

But this would mean the Wireless conneciton would have to be active all times and I don't see this happening  because your battery would drain way to quickly (on hte iPOD touch if I have wireless on I get 1 day of battery, with wireless off I get at least 3 days out of it). This is probably why we have to manually connect when we go online, and it's a valid enough reason for me.  Perhaps if anything, they can make it an option in the settings and people can have their personal preference.

Remote Play PS3 via PSPGO with Bluetooth PS3 Controller:

The ability to play more ps3 games via remote play if you have a PS3 controller connected via bluetooth, even if it's jsut a direct connection to the PS3, so then when my mrs is wathcing TV I can play on the PSP. I would assume it's just a case of streaming the game while maintaing the control function, but I'm sure there's a lot more technical aspects to it. (Full PS3 Lego Batman plays via remote control seemlessly!)

Wireless Transfer between PS3 and PSP:

The title says it all, games, music files, videos.

Faster Install Times:

I doubt this wil lever be improved much, and it's understandable, but not much matches up to the inital dissapointment when I downloaded Gran Turismo, download got ot 100% I was 'all geared up' to play, but then hit with a 17 minute install... Esspecially when I had transfered PSone games t ohte PSP in a matter of second before.

These are probably my main four that could be tackled in a firmeware update. A lot more are left up to game Developers to implement extra functions themselves. One thing I can't fault, is how the DS was taken full advantage of in games, using the mic for one example.

Message Edited by ElWaster on 08-10-2009 02:18 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Darth_Raiden

• Beta Tester
86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darth_Raiden
Accepted Solution
Full PSN friends list so at least we can communicate with our friends when we are away from home and in a wifi hotspot. Because if I'm away for more then a day I will not leave my PS3 on stand by. 
0 Kudos

www.twitch.tv/pnmotorsport66

PS4, PS3, PSVita, PS2, PSP, PSOne, Xbox One, Xbox 360
/16

rossthebassist

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rossthebassist
Accepted Solution

MUSIC!

im a neat freak, so i alway put my music on in subfolders, artists, albums.... i want them to add a complete shuffel mode, random from all albums...

VIDEOS!

DIVX / XVID codecs. as much as i like converting my videos into acc format i still have allot on DIVX, would save me allot of time.

GAMES!

SUB FOLDER OPTIONS.

i want my Minis in a mini folder, my PSP in a PSP folder, and my PSone classics in a PSone folder. not all in a long list. with alpha options and or latest played options at the top.

i know the PSP is small and has no where near the power of the PS3, but some things are possible. in game music is easy if encoded into the games in a audio options menu. with option saying (ingame) (storage shuffel) (storage playlist) with a selectable playlist. that would be kool, custom soundtracking wipeout.

internet radio selectable IP option.

lots of times i cant find my fav station because other stations are currently higher up the list. being able to select the I.P i want would be cool.

the text service would be kool, and conferance calling. 

in game XMB i dont think would be possible.

0 Kudos

/16

BigTA78

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigTA78
Accepted Solution

Altair-Drax wrote:
A DLNA client, so I can listen (and copy I I like) my music stored on my media server. The only way at the moment is to connect remotely to PS3. 

A DLNA client would rock out loud. Even my crappy phone can do it, so come on Sony.

0 Kudos

Re : Re: Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

/16

LazyBones

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LazyBones
Accepted Solution
Idea for future firmware update:

Personally, something I'd find REALLY useful in the Music Player is the option to automatically STOP another song playing when the current song has finished. So no looping, no random play, no repeat play, just stop at the end of the song and wait for the next song to be manually started.

Funny thing is, not many MP3 players offer this feature, which to me seems like a pretty standard option to have available.

Fingers crossed it finds its way into the next update!!!! 
0 Kudos

/16

ElWaster

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ElWaster
Accepted Solution

Another good one would be to pause the music when hte headphone jack gets accidently pulled from the PSP.

(don't think that exists at the moment) 

With my old PSP I used to use it for music and people at work would find joy in pulling out my headphone jack so my music would play loudly, (they'll never catch me listening to Mariah Carey again lol! But on hte iPOD Touch, when hte headphone comes out, the music pauses, would be good for PSP too. 

0 Kudos

/16

Agent567

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Agent567
Accepted Solution

There are a couple of features I would like to see in future firmwares:

1. Subfolders in Games. We have it in videos, music and pictures, why not games. At the moment, they are a disorganized list, which I find quite annoying. And there's no point using the sort feature currently existing, because none of the games I own have expiry dates.

2. Improved internet browser. Maybe utilizing full extra RAM of PSP 2000, 3000 and Go?

3. Music while doing other things. Perhaps not feasible during games, but at least during internet browsing.

4. In game XMB access, so I can do USB connection while keeping a game in the background. I often put my PSP in sleep mode when I've been playing it, then go to put some files on and can't, because I'm in the middle of a game, with no handy save points.

0 Kudos

/16

JediKnight246

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JediKnight246
Accepted Solution

Updated Internet Browser 

• Adobe Flash Player 10.1
  • Microsoft Silverlight 4
  • HTML5
  • WebM
  • Ajax
  • JavaScript
  • Java
  • Plugin support
  • Browser Add-ons 
Facebook Integration
  • Facebook App
Twitter Integration
  • Twitter App
Photo Gallery For PSP
  • Photo Gallery App
Video
  • Support For More Formats
BBC iPlayer
  • BBC iPlayer App
Photo, Music & Video UI
  • Display photos, music, and videos in a grid like on PS3 to save having to scroll for miles.

/16

dudeMeistR

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dudeMeistR
Accepted Solution
Too bad none of those will ever happen keep dreaming
0 Kudos

/16

raghunarang

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
raghunarang
Accepted Solution

i have updated my psp-1001 but i cant access its recovery mode by holding L or R button.........even if i put games in it they are not shown please help me in overcoming this matter.............

THANX IN ANTICIPATION

0 Kudos

Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

/16

sawybean125

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sawybean125
Accepted Solution

The PSP really does need a friends list. I dont want to have to sign in to my ps3 just to talk to my friends. It would make it so much easier. Also to do what you can in the ps3 and access the xmb ingame, for friends list and settings!

0 Kudos

/16

Soggyllama

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Soggyllama
Accepted Solution

I'm a simple man with simple requests,  majority have already been mentioned;

PSP Friend list (Even if its from the PS3)

In game XMB

Better media player (though I never use it, Everything I seem to own plays media nowadays, ps3, 360, pc, phone Even my digital photo frame......MADNESS!!!)

But the biggest thing I want, and this cant be fixed with firmware, IS BIGGER AND BETTER SUPPORT FROM SONY FOR THE PSP! The psp is an amazing machine, with SO much potential. Lets get some of it implimented :D

0 Kudos

/16

imraan13

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
imraan13
Accepted Solution

Hi,

I have a region 3 psp (asia) and I really think Digital comics should be included in the next firmware update - we paid the same for our psp as everyone else but dont get the same features?

Thanks

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel