Re: Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

Trophies!!!

- new trophies for my PSP games

- I want to be able to see my trophies from my PS3

Friends List!!

- I want to be able to see my friends list from my PS3

- and send them messages

File sharing PSP - PS3

- I want to be able to send music/videos/pictures wirelessly to my PSP from my PS3

- I also want to be able to do that the other way round as well so that if I use my PSP camera to take pictures then I can send the photos back to my PS3 at home

A better browser!

- Let's face it the PSP browser is CRAP!

- faster rendering of pages. 

- better rendering of pages (stick to the W3C standard!)

Wireless auto-connect

- If I choose the web browser or the network update option, the PSP should detect saved wireless settings and automatically connect without having to show the "select a connection screen" etc

dare I say in-game XMB? lol!

Playing music whilst using the web browser (probably won't ever happen so don't hold your breath)

PSP background downloading (also probably not possible or will never happen)

Dumb Cows Eat Gravel

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 52 (3,457 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Definitely more visualizers, better information board, the current one sucks. 

Definitely a better shuffle mode which will actually shuffle all folders in music, might not work due to the new subfolder addition.

A partnership with facebook and youtube could be made so that we can upload pics/videos onto their sites.

Ability to view animated gifs?and set them as a background? (background slideshow for XMB).

Music can be played whilst looking in settings, videos, game and network menus.

Ability to create and edit M3u playlists. 

Some kind of alternate messaging service/friends list

Raptr Forum Signature
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 52 (3,440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i want to be able to sort my music files into playlists -- mood, bpm, all songs random....

i use media go! v 1.1 and hate that when you transfer music to the psp it goes into folders sorted by artist, i don't always want to listen to one artist, i want to use my psp like i would/have done with an ipod.

maybe listen to a whole album, or maybe listen to songs alphabetically by title, maybe by year, maybe by genre. not one artist after another... random, variety is the spice of life... this isn't living.

rant over.

check out my littlebigplanet level: The Temple of the Lost
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 52 (3,252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Just being able to message your PSN friends from your PSP would be great, youd be able to see your freinds list and message them and recieve messages

And when you are on PSN on the PSP, if you view someone who is on the PSP instead of the blue online dot beside their name they ould have a green one maybe, for acessing on PSP?
And the ability to play music and browse the web at once (psp is easily capible of doing this)
I wub moshii :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 52 (3,213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

-Do not lose the internet connection when you exit a game or the web browser.

-Make graphical equalizer, this one (***).

-Music and internet should be possible to use at the same time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 52 (2,999 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

The ability to sort music by hitting square like you can do on ps3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 52 (2,915 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re : Re: Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

A DLNA client, so I can listen (and copy I I like) my music stored on my media server. The only way at the moment is to connect remotely to PS3. 
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 52 (2,877 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Re : Re: Suggestion for the next PSP firmware

[ Edited ]
Some interesting ideas we have here,one of the main ones for me is the better internet browser,but another thing id like is the same items on ps3 as the psp,ive found that sometimes ps3 gets one thing and the psp another,for instance I love playing the psp radio icon would be nice to have it on the ps3 too,what about a skype icon on the ps3 so you can make use of the mic on the go cam to make internet calls on the ps3 through skype to the psp,plus u can also use the cam on the psp for video calling?
Message Edited by storm1203 on 07-10-2009 07:50 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 52 (2,865 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

We already have the option of listening to streaming radio and viewing the internet at the same time with Killzone Kid's PSPRadio software.

I agree with the above that we defo need to have some way of being able to create custom EQ presets. There is a visualization on there of a spectrum analyzer which is 12-band parametric. Wouldn't it be cool if we could control 12 bands of frequencies. I also agree with the need for an update to the web browser. Nokia's 5800 uses Flash 9 so why the wait for the upgrade on the PSP?

All in all - the PSP is a awesome informational, educational and entertainment tool. I broke mine back in August and I'm off out to buy a 3000 tomorrow. I can't believe how lost I've been without it. Sony - you have a great gadget here. Stop holding back like Yelena Isanbeyava and listen to the people. Happy gamers + Money spent on PSP tools = Happy smiley rich Mr Sony.

P.S. is it true that SONY is an acronym for Somewhere Outside New York? :-)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 52 (2,859 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

I would opt for the following:

Friends List:

But this would mean the Wireless conneciton would have to be active all times and I don't see this happening  because your battery would drain way to quickly (on hte iPOD touch if I have wireless on I get 1 day of battery, with wireless off I get at least 3 days out of it). This is probably why we have to manually connect when we go online, and it's a valid enough reason for me.  Perhaps if anything, they can make it an option in the settings and people can have their personal preference.

Remote Play PS3 via PSPGO with Bluetooth PS3 Controller:

The ability to play more ps3 games via remote play if you have a PS3 controller connected via bluetooth, even if it's jsut a direct connection to the PS3, so then when my mrs is wathcing TV I can play on the PSP. I would assume it's just a case of streaming the game while maintaing the control function, but I'm sure there's a lot more technical aspects to it. (Full PS3 Lego Batman plays via remote control seemlessly!)

Wireless Transfer between PS3 and PSP:

The title says it all, games, music files, videos.

Faster Install Times:

I doubt this wil lever be improved much, and it's understandable, but not much matches up to the inital dissapointment when I downloaded Gran Turismo, download got ot 100% I was 'all geared up' to play, but then hit with a 17 minute install... Esspecially when I had transfered PSone games t ohte PSP in a matter of second before.

These are probably my main four that could be tackled in a firmeware update. A lot more are left up to game Developers to implement extra functions themselves. One thing I can't fault, is how the DS was taken full advantage of in games, using the mic for one example.

Message Edited by ElWaster on 08-10-2009 02:18 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 52 (2,837 Views)
0 Kudos