15 Sep 2009

Playstation Staff

Transfer of photos from pc or laptop to ps3

4 Replies 17,100 Views Created 15-09-2009
I use picasa 3 on my laptop . I have already transferred my digital photos from my camera to a laptop and then deleted them from the camera. Is it possible to transfer photos directly from the lap to the ps3 . If not , what way can it be done ? Could i use a memory stick to do it . Thanks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (17,100 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Transfer of photos from pc or laptop to ps3

If you have a 60Gb PS3 you can use a Memory Stick or similar. The other way all PS3s can do it is by using a USB Thumb Drive. Put the photos on the thumb drive, put the drive in the PS3. The USB drive icon will appear on the XMB under photos. Navagate to the USB icon and hit [triangle], then select [Display All]. You can then pick whick photos to copy over.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (17,093 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi dessy , thanks for your reply. I have a 60gb ps3 . I have placed about 10 folders of photos on a memory stick . These came from My Pictures (Using windows XP) .When i open Photo gallery and select the option to import it says there are no photos to import . Any ideas on what i am doing wrong.? Thanks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (17,084 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Yeah go to the icon of the Memory Stick and hit [Triangle] - a menu opens up on the side.

Select [Display All] - you will then see all the folders you have on the stick. Easy as.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (17,087 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yes you can use a usb

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (6,249 Views)
0 Kudos