19 Sep 2007

Playstation Staff

Tiger Woods 08

2 Replies 675 Views Created 19-09-2007
Hi all ...........

I had a ps2 years ago and had the 06 version of this game , and thought it was very good . So when i got a new ps2 recently due to spending a lot of time babysitting the new born , i decided to get the newer 07 version . Not as good as 06 imo , but still i was just beginning to get somehwere after reading that you need to go on the team tour levels to build up your skill and get cash etc before you go onto the Pga tour properly. So i did that and beat all bar the last 2 , Singh and Woods . Im now on the Tour and struggling a little but im getting there .

Then i saw the 08 version advertised , so i just had to give it a go , hoping it was similair to 06 , BUT no!!! Its impossible!! Or is it just me ??? Its appears that like all good films , the sequels are getting worse .

The only way to get good enough to get on the Amateur tour is to complete the honeycomb of challenges ,and you need to do 1 at a time , my problem is that on the 1st one ,vs Kellie Newman , it takes me around 12 shots just to get to the green!!! Ive purchased decent clubs ,and im striking the ball well , but its only travelling 40 metres or so , and nothing i can do is making it better . Surely this cant be right ?

Can anyone advise what to do next ? Apart from sell the game ?

Also is there anywhere on 07 or 08 where you can buy a 1 iron ? Do 1 irons even exist? Its just im always stuck with either using a 2 Iron and it never reaches , or a 3 Wood , no elevation and it goes too far . A 1 Iron would be perfect , if indeed they do actually exist ?

Cheers in advance

MITK :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (675 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Tiger Woods 08

The only way to get good enough to get on the Amateur tour is to complete the honeycomb of challenges ,and you need to do 1 at a time , my problem is that on the 1st one ,vs Kellie Newman , it takes me around 12 shots just to get to the green!!! Ive purchased decent clubs ,and im striking the ball well , but its only travelling 40 metres or so , and nothing i can do is making it better . Surely this cant be right ?

Use a Driver :Thumbs:

seriously though, I'd just start a completely new save and go on from there. See what happens
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (675 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Tiger Woods 08

Also is there anywhere on 07 or 08 where you can buy a 1 iron ? Do 1 irons even exist? Its just im always stuck with either using a 2 Iron and it never reaches , or a 3 Wood , no elevation and it goes too far . A 1 Iron would be perfect , if indeed they do actually exist ? Cheers in advance MITK :Thumbs: You can change the club selection in the "In The Bag" option within the "Gameface" section of "My Tiger '08" from main menu. You can toggle the clubs around but can't have more than 14 and the 5I, SW and Putter are all manditory, so de-select one club you don't want 1st and choose the replacement, I normally switch the 5 Wood for the 1 Iron and the 4 Iron for a AW. If you want to change the type of driver, you need to remove a club, select the Driver you want and then de-select the default driver (or play with 2!). No idea why you are only hitting 40 yards, at the start you can only drive about 230 yards, but birdies are still possible. Good luck.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (675 Views)
0 Kudos