23 Jan 2009
By: adam7one

1 Posts

A bit of a predicament

3 Replies 1,945 Views Created 23-01-2009

So I bought myself a 2nd hand slimline PS2 a week ago, with the thought of playing online, I have had one of the old style PS2's for years now but never bought the network adaptor to able to play online. Anyways I've known for awhile that there was a card that you could fill out that was with a slimline PS2, send the card in and you would get a network access disk sent out to you. Well being 2nd hand I didn't get the orginal box or the card to fill out and send in.

So I figure I'll jump online and register my equipment here and register for online gaming via the internet, well I created my account, gave all my personal detail and product details and now I come to the part where I click the button and "register for online gaming" well wouldnt you know it, it doesnt work, I click and it just hangs not doing anything, I figure it might be something from end, so I try it from a few freinds computers with different isp's and all the same thing.

So what's the deal, how do I register for online gaming, I've looked at every faq on the site and frankly nothing seems helpful, is sony still taking registrations for online gaming with the PS2 and if so what other alternative is there so that I can register?

Thanks for the help

Adam

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (1,945 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: A bit of a predicament

um i'd suggest ringing them mate,dunno if they still send out network disks,been ages since i done that,but ps2 online is dead,the only thing 4 me is to fire up HOA(hardware online arena),n even thats dead as,everyone's shifted to either PS3 or Xbox360,i even highly doubt people stil play Killzone online ,but mayb hardcore socom'ers proberly do,dunno,up to you mate,if they do send you a disk it will have a euro version of hoa,which tends to freeze up your ps2 when you log out and have to reset,but i dunno if that is the same these days,but it was back in that day lol,good luck.

I'll cause you so much f..kn mcpain,Mclane

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (1,938 Views)
0 Kudos

I have sort of the same trouble but cant get on to central station at all and the network card and hardware online game boundle comes with a pin card but NO numbers printed on it, Rang the 1300 number and was told the pin is in the games checked all the old games and the factory sealed new socom 2 nothing is there with any sort of pin SO WHAT GIVES as ages ago it was printed on the card with the network package ?.

Does the central network work as some forums have said it is closed, There has to be a easier way to play online as the operator told me to look up on the net for a work around but alot of it does not work and realy it should not be up to the buyer to sort all this out or at least have instructions to what to do when you buy the network card as i can see alot of people being in the same boat. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (1,107 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

We can provide you with a Network Access Code (NAC) so that you can create your account via YourGamingName.com.

Just give the Support Team a buzz.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (1,063 Views)
0 Kudos