Other Systems

PlayStation®2

PlayStation®2

Level 1

Re: Do they still make PS2 games?

One of my most wanted games this year is a PS2 game. Bring on Yakuza 2!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 34 (2,703 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Of the top of my head the PS2 games coming out this year there is mercs 2, alone in the dark 5 and star wars the force unleashed.There is also many film licences. Odin sphere just came out recently too.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 34 (2,671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I heard they are making Rock Band for PS2.

Apart from that they are making less and less for them now. I mean there is still Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Ghostbusters, Alone In The Dark, Manhunt 2, Mercenaries 2, Wild Arms 5 and loads of other stuff. (lots of RPG's)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 34 (2,634 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I WANT YAKUZA 2 NOW!

Honestly, i want this almost as much as i want MGS4 XD 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 34 (2,626 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Whats the first Yakuza like, I've never actually played i, my cousins got so I might just steal it of him.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 34 (2,654 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I played a demo of it awhile back and its abit like Shenmue, thats the best way to describ it anyway.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 34 (2,635 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Imagine Shenmue but with an 18 certificate, less emphasis on examining stuff and less detail on the environments. However, add a fantastic set of characters, an incredibly solid storyline and brilliant fighting engine and then you have Yakuza. It starts very slow and at first i nearly stopped but let the story kick off and you will be absolutely hooked.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 34 (2,625 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i think the ps2 has many more games to look forward to , as developers of the psp games e.g R&C size matters and silent hill - origins, seem to like the move over to ps2 console.I wouldnt be surprised to see a lot more in the future.
jelly sig dads
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 34 (2,606 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

I dont know about anyone else but I cant stand playing PS2 games now (with the exception of Buzz)

They look so crap compared to my PS3 games (apart from Haze.. **bleep** happened there). When I bought a 40GB ps3 I was worried that I made the wrong decision and should have gotten at 60GB of ebay so I could play my PS2 games but ever since I got the PS3 i havent played a PS2 game once, lol

But yeah the PS2 sells incredibly well (more than the 360 and PS3) so it only makes sense for developers to keep releasing games for it so them and Sony can keep the cash rolling in... :smileytongue:

Message Edited by Orfl on 02-06-2008 07:20 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 34 (2,425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I got the 60Gb one so i've been playing PS2 games on that. The Metal Gears and GTA:smileyfrustrated:an Andreas being the main ones.
But like Doc Kung mentioned.....Ghostbusters!

Usssshhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 34 (2,178 Views)
0 Kudos