Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Do they still make PS2 games?

There are so many machines out there that it would be commercial suicide not to develop for it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34 (6,242 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

simple answer yes but dude do you not use google?? could have saved you alot of time!:Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34 (6,242 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

A new Twisted Metal game was released recently.:Thumbs: There are plenty of games still being released for the PS2.

The new Crash Bandicoot game isn't in fact developed for PS3 at all, so Crash fans (like me) will have to get the game for PS2 no matter what.

See http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/releases.html FULL MASSIVE list of upcoming PS2 games!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34 (6,242 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Upcoming PS2 games are pretty much all designed for children - ie. people who can’t afford current-gen consoles - like Trig. The same thing happened with the PS1. But Tomb Raider Underworld is going to be released on PS2. I just hope the game is ported down to the PS2 rather than ported up to the current-gen consoles. And I expect the next FIFA, PES, Smackdown, Need For Speed, Tony Hawk’s, Tiger Wood’s, etc, games to be released on the console too. Plus every licensed film game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34 (6,242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ratchet and Clank:smileyfrustrated:ize Matters is making the port over to the PS2. Will be buying that aswell as the ported Daxter probably....:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34 (6,336 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

"Twisted Metal: Head On: Extra Twisted" is probably one of the most notable recent releases. Great game from what I've heard. Getting it soon.

Also, sports games will probably go on for like 4-5 more years. Just remember that the PS1 had sports games for it being released up till 2005 (FIFA 2005, NFL Madden 2005 etc.)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34 (6,336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

bout time u got a ps3 lol.
ps2 gfx r unbearable pixelated ****.
symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34 (6,336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

They still release Dreamcast games. :smileytongue: Anyway, while I think Sony is concentrating on PSP/PS3 releases I also think 3rd part developers will keep releasing new titles on PS2 a while, although most likely mainly in Japan. =^.^;=

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34 (6,337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Manhunt 2 is coming out on the PS2 (and Wii). No other formats.

It has to be noted that most mulitformat games released on the PS2 are average, compared to their current gen (360/PS3) counterparts.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34 (6,337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

By a "kids first console" do you mean they are now going to target it at younger children? if so I'd be interested in more info' on that angle!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 34 (6,122 Views)
0 Kudos