22 Jun 2011

Playstation Staff

Where do they sell brand new UK PS2

12 Replies 2,751 Views Created 22-06-2011

My PS2 recently died and I can't seem to find a distributor/outlet that sells a new PS2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (2,751 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Where do they sell brand new UK PS2

Nobody to my knowledge sells PS2s new in the UK now. You'll just have to either phone Sony up and either ask them for distributors and/or get a quote for getting yours repaired.

Most people I suspect would just say your only option is 2nd hand. Given the PS2 is the world's biggest selling console that shouldn't be too hard.

If you're in the market for a new TV this one here has a PS2 built in http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/sony/bravia-kdl22px300/sony-kdl22px300

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (2,711 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I dont know why its so important to you to get a new one, you gonna have to go second hand

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (2,657 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

first_earth wrote:

I dont know why its so important to you to get a new one, you gonna have to go second hand

Some people just like buying new. Some do so as tnhey believe a new one will last them longer, others might not like the idea of owning someting someone else has touched, there could be other reasons...

Given they are still manufacturing them you'd think there should be a way of buying one even if it is via Sony direct.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (2,641 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

I have heard any new manufactured Ps2 units are being shipped to newly marketed areas like south america and india obviously importing is a no go because of tv compatibility and power supply.

The only option is the pre-owned market unfortunately touch wood i still have Slim and Phat models still working wouldn't hurt if sony did a limited run of units for the uk market they'd sell like hot cakes.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (2,638 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

migfighter1 wrote:

My PS2 recently died and I can't seem to find a distributor/outlet that sells a new PS2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If a store still sells new PS2's then I would be honestly and genuinely surprised.

http://lbp.me/u/MSTER232
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (2,630 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

you are best looking in 2nd hand shops like cash converters etc

try my LBP2 BUZZ quiz level: http://lbp.me/v/wx-k51
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (2,594 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My PS2 died before christmas, I was mourning and still am. I set about buying a replacement and have had a mare with second hand.

First one didn't turn up, I waited and waited and eventually gave up and ordered another. Still not sure a refund has been issued, the site say it has.

Second one turned up, disc drawer had bits fall off it and, surprise surprise, it didn't work. There was no controller either. I returned it and got a refund.

Third one I changed tack and went for a PS2 Slimline, the seller said they'd tested it on PS1 and PS2 games, and all sorts, and so I went with his. It was very well wrapped and worked, still does.

There are plenty of second hand ones online, problem is I suspect a number don't work properly and maybe the person who bought it off someone else didn't check it first.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (2,471 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

They don't since they went out of production in 2008. However, you can pick up a great quality second-hand fat PS2 for around £20. I got one when the laser in my old console died and it works better than a new one

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (2,442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just curious how it can 'work better than a new one'?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (2,316 Views)
0 Kudos