23 Mar 2006

Playstation Staff

can i play import games on ps2???

8 Replies 250 Views Created 23-03-2006
i have a PAL slim ps2 and was wondering if there is a disc available so i can play import NTSC games, i know there are discs for NTSC DVD's, would that work? please tell me if so, i want to import games!!!, they;re sometimes cheaper and some come out yearsbefore in america, and some dont even come out here. Online handles: ''sketchystee'' OR ''lethal s'' If anything i post doesnt make sense its probably because i posted it at 3.00AM... (\__/) (O.o ) (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No Subject

No, you cant play import games on your PS2!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

No Subject

Yes, you can get RegionX discs around which save some files on your mem. card in order to make it region free. I have one, I'd sell it for a mere tenner **Thanks Cortez for the absolutely brilliant sig**
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

where did you get it?

where can i get one online? Online handles: ''sketchystee'' OR ''lethal s'' If anything i post doesnt make sense its probably because i posted it at 3.00AM... (\__/) (O.o ) (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No Subject

quote:
Originally posted by WipEd: Yes, you can get RegionX discs around which save some files on your mem. card in order to make it region free. I have one, I'd sell it for a mere tenner http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8088/wipedsig2ds.gif **Thanks Cortez for the absolutely brilliant sig**
Thats for DVD's he/she wants to play games
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

No Subject

I got it off a mate who didn't need it any more. So now it sits in it's little plastic sleeve gathering dust. In short, I don't know where to buy them : / Edit: yeah just realised that it only works for dvds. Shame- ah well, you could always buy a cheap american Ps2 off the net and get it sent over, then get a converter plug. Should be okay as long as your TV has 60hz mode. But I dont really know tbh. You're best off sticking with European gameage for now- at least the Ps3 will be regionless **Thanks Cortez for the absolutely brilliant sig**
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

No Subject

you can play import games with a slide card, there great, ive played front mission 4 and grandia 3 on my PAL PS2 and they work fine. i cant tell you where to find one cause this forum wont let me, just google it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

YES

''at least the Ps3 will be regionless '' really? wow cool Online handles: ''sketchystee'' OR ''lethal s'' If anything i post doesnt make sense its probably because i posted it at 3.00AM... (\__/) (O.o ) (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

No Subject

all you need i got them from "The only Predictable thing about the future is Uncertainty" Amarant, FFIX
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos