Level 1

Re: freezing after about half an hour on games

update put a dvd cleaner into the ps2 and it seems quiter (no skipping noises) well still makes them slightly but not as bad as before. when i put vice city on i came out of mansion and going over the bridge the car went in water and my health went down and it says 'error reading grand theft auto vice city dvd' so i restarted the ps2 and i got slightly further'into downtown area' and it froze a screen came up saying loading, also the map becomes invincible sometimes. it seems slightly better on 3 and san andreas but still not perfect, all 3 discs have alot of scratches on them iv tried cleaning the discs with this woollen sort of pad and cleaning fluid i got with the dvd cleaner disc it says it removes scratches on them but it's not removed nothing.

true crime streets of LA works fine no problem it's just the 3 GTA'S that don't. the dvd cleaner was from pound land so the quality might not be good.

sorry for long post and thank you people for contributing

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15 (306 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

ive now decided to get a new laser for it, if anyone could give me a link model number is SCPH30003. i have searched internet but most of them are slimline's, when i put my model number in there isn't a uk retailer selling the part

cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15 (304 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

i opened up the ps2 today to see what model number the laser is its khs400b but i decided to clean it so i pulled the black plastic cap off and gave it a rub with a cotton bud and some disc cleaner, now i accidentally broke the 2 thin wires so the drive only spins for a split second when i put a disc in then stops
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

do you have spare parts ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15 (290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

couldn't sign in forums on ps3 for some reason hence late replying, no i haven't got any spare parts but i've found a laser for 15 quid off a site called tmart i will be getting it shortly

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15 (271 Views)
0 Kudos