31 Aug 2009
Playstation Staff

Batman: Arkham Asylum Challenge Tips?

7 Replies 8,468 Views Created 31-08-2009

I'm ok with the stealth ones, it's just the brawling challenges, stuggling to get 6000 points. i have no idea how people are supposed to get the 3 bats/stars :smileyindifferent:

help please!

btw, it's only the second fighting challenge i'm stuck on :\

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (8,468 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Challenge Tips?

I havent played it yet because Im awaiting my Slim console but there are plenty of vids on youtube for this stuff - you might be able to find your answer there.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (8,450 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I got 2 stars on the first one but can't get 3.
It helps if you have unlocked the combos and extra batarangs from the main game.
You get a 500pt bonus for not getting hit and 1000pt bonus for not breaking the flow.
You get more points for variation so can use the triple batarang to get rid of 3 thugs to give you time to ground pound a knocked down one. Once you get 5x you can use the throw or instant takedown, if you've unlocked that I'm sure.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (8,427 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Everything u need for the challenges is on UTUBE, from there its a walk in the park .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (8,402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The best way to get points is to get the 9x Variation Bonus in each round. You get 5k points for doing a 9x variation in a round, to do that you need to do every single move in one combo, it's tough, but easy once you get the hang of it. Here is a list of all the moves you need to do in one combo for the 9x bonus:

Attack
Counter
Stun        (Circle)
Evade     (Jump over an enemy X + X towards the enemy)
Throw     (X + Square when you have 5x combo I think)
Takedown       (Triangle + Circle when you have 5x combo)
Ground Takedown    (R2 + Triangle when someone is down)
Batarang    (Quick press of L1)
Batclaw      (Double Tap R2)

Also, if you don't get hurt you get bonus points. I'm really enjoying the challenges. I managed get 30.19 seconds on the first predator challenge last night (Rank #2). Really addicting.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (8,367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

x_Cobra_x wrote:

The best way to get points is to get the 9x Variation Bonus in each round. You get 5k points for doing a 9x variation in a round, to do that you need to do every single move in one combo, it's tough, but easy once you get the hang of it. Here is a list of all the moves you need to do in one combo for the 9x bonus:

Attack
Counter
Stun        (Circle)
Evade     (Jump over an enemy X + X towards the enemy)
Throw     (X + Square when you have 5x combo I think)
Takedown       (Triangle + Circle when you have 5x combo)
Ground Takedown    (R2 + Triangle when someone is down)
Batarang    (Quick press of L1)
Batclaw      (Double Tap R2)

Also, if you don't get hurt you get bonus points. I'm really enjoying the challenges. I managed get 30.19 seconds on the first predator challenge last night (Rank #2). Really addicting.

Good luck.

Thanks for this :smileyvery-happy:
Will try this tonight for that trophy.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (8,363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

What you wana do is get the variation bonus. And make sure you get a very large portion of critical strikes, then throw in special moves (instant takedown/ground takedown) because these give extra points (100 I think it is) so if your on a 20 combo (if you play it right you can get up to a 20 combo on just 3 guards the 100 is multiplied by 20 so 2000 points per special. You can get over 5000 points in round one of the first challenge map... 

There's a rythem for crticial strikes. I can only seem to get a critical strike on my 3rd hit of a combo but from there I can continue it infinitely just by going round the room. Once everyones down on the ground instantly hi R2+Triangle for a ground takedown so as not to ruin your combo.

You can also use the dodge button to continue a combo if you need a little extra time to think on your next attack.  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (8,352 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I managed to get about 20K on the 1st challenge map, need to spread them out and time your strikes for critical hits (get the 2x bonus upgrade).  When they are all over the room you can basically jusy jump from one to the other hitting them with critical hits until they die.  Good way to build combos and if your lucky (like me) you won't get hit and get the 5k 'perfect knight' bonus and a trophy to boot.  I'm going to do the rest of the challenges once I'm fully upgraded, think it will be easier.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (8,338 Views)
0 Kudos