14 Jan 2008

Playstation Staff

Download Games to USB Flash Drives?

6 Replies 899 Views Created 14-01-2008
Does anyone know if you can, download games from online Palystation Store to USB Flash Drives.

My PS3 is not yet connected to the Internet, yet.

Thanks!!!
Lashman
New to PS3

:Confused:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (899 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Download Games to USB Flash Drives?

Does anyone know if you can, download games from online Palystation Store to USB Flash Drives.

My PS3 is not yet connected to the Internet, yet.

Thanks!!!
Lashman
New to PS3

:Confused:

nie i don't see any option in the store for that.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (899 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No and I'd be very surprised if such a function was ever included. This would open up the gateway for piracy in a huge way.

You're going to have to connect up to the internet, even if it's only temporarily whilst you download the games you want.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (899 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have a question along the same lines. Can you put game saves onto a usb memory stick, sort of creating a memory card for your PS3.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (899 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have a question along the same lines.

Can you put game saves onto a usb memory stick, sort of creating a memory card for your PS3.

Yes you can do that, I use an external hard drive to back up all my save games, but you will need to keep a copy on your PS3 for the games to find the save though :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (899 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No and I'd be very surprised if such a function was ever included. This would open up the gateway for piracy in a huge way.

You're going to have to connect up to the internet, even if it's only temporarily whilst you download the games you want.

the gateway 4 piracy is already open mate
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (899 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I think it can be done for the psp and I was under the impression that it was in the works for the PS3 as well. Can't remember where I heard it but it wasn't on the forum and it was a couple of months ago. It would be handy if your internet was quicker in work or college than at home, which is usually the case.
Games: Motorstorm, Resistance: FOM, Virtua Tennis, Tiger Woods 2007, Heavenly Sword, PES 2008, PES 2009, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Far Cry 2, Dead Space, PES 2010, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2 & Heavy Rain.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (899 Views)
0 Kudos