28 Jun 2009
Playstation Staff

Games I can play with my (non gamer) girlfriend?

31 Replies 939 Views Created 28-06-2009

Hey,

I have lived with my girlfriend for about 2 years now and I generally game when I get a chance, usually when she is at work or out as I don't want to monopolize  the t.v. 

When I had a wii she would play Mario Kart wii with me, I sold it last year to buy a PS3 instead and have ad trouble finding games for her to play with me.

She plays the Sonic games and all three Streets Of Rage from the Megadrive Collection.

I got her to play a level co-op on Pixeljunk Monsters but I could tell that she was bored.

I have recently bought Gunstar Heroes but haven't asked if she wants to try it, we have played a few games of Crash Team Racing but I want something a bit more current.

Are there any games that she will play with me that I will enjoy too, extra points for anyone that can suggest something with Trophies.

(next year with ModNation Racers and Sega All stars Racing  will be perfect) 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32 (939 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Games I can play with my (non gamer) girlfriend?

You could try getting a proper decent game for a start.... 

Resi 5 co-op is awesome. try getting a game released within the last five years and is actually decent..

Mario kart is so simple its boring and mega drive games are so ancient i start to yawn when i think of them 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32 (937 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Betreff: Games I can play with my (non gamer) girlfriend?

Maybe the Lego games or LBP? What about some sweet sports games like Everybody's Golf World Tour or Sega Superstar tennis?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32 (935 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Betreff: Games I can play with my (non gamer) girlfriend?

trust me little big planet is the way to go. i spent countless hours on it with my ex when i used to live with her. before she played that she hated the ps3 but now she wants one sooo bad i had to dump her.
fail to prepare, THEN PREPARE TO FAIL

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Betreff: Games I can play with my (non gamer) girlfriend?

I agree with Little Big Planet, great fun in co-op.

My girlfriend hates shoot em ups normally but she loves the nazi zombie mode on Cod 5. She says it's because the zombies don't shoot back :smileytongue: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32 (928 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

AidyD wrote:

Resi 5 co-op is awesome. try getting a game released within the last five years and is actually decent..

Mario kart is so simple its boring and mega drive games are so ancient i start to yawn when i think of them 

What?!

How old are you?
The megadrive games (for the most part) are classics, they're games that we both played growing up and carry a lot of nostalgia.
As for Mario Kart, even if you don't own a wii or particularly like Nintendo you should at least be able to see the mass appeal on these types of games. 
To get her to try Resident evil 5 (which looks like a bland copy and paste of Resident evil 4 IMO) it'll take ten minutes to look straight ahead and walk forwards. 

Oh, I have LBP so will probably get her to try it although it's nothing new compared to most platformers and the physics makes the jumping mechanic pretty rubbish sometimes. 

Message Edited by DannyFantango on 28-06-2009 01:58 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32 (913 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

DannyFantango wrote:

AidyD wrote:

What?!

How old are you?
The megadrive games (for the most part) are classics, they're games that we both played growing up and carry a lot of nostalgia.
Even if you don't own a wii or particularly like Nintendo you should at least be able to see the mass appeal on these types of games. 
To get her to try Resident evil 5 (which looks like a bland copy and paste of Resident evil 4 IMO) it'll take ten minutes to look straight ahead and walk forwards. 

Even as a third rate copy n paste resi4 it still beats any mega drive game ever made.
Im old enough to of played the mega drive, but don't feel the need to adore the MD games 15 years on just because i remember them..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32 (908 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

some good suggestions so far...

...what about SingStar or Guitar Hero or even Buzz - assuming you'd be happy playing those sorts of games. If you're after more traditional games, perhaps something like PixelJunk Monsters of Eden might be worth a shot - the wife likes playing those and she's not a gamer.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32 (904 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I see, It's not just remembering them. It's how much fun you had playing them originally, when I replay the games it's as if I am regressing to a 12 year old again.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32 (901 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Mutt wrote:
some good suggestions so far...

...what about SingStar or Guitar Hero or even Buzz - assuming you'd be happy playing those sorts of games. If you're after more traditional games, perhaps something like PixelJunk Monsters of Eden might be worth a shot - the wife likes playing those and she's not a gamer.
Yeah, we have Rockband 2 on the xbox360 and she has gotten pretty good on the drums.
I'm kinda burned out on music games right now, I last bought New Slang by the Shins but haven't even played it.
Maybe Beatles Rockband will reignite my passion in this genre.

(waits for response on how the beatles are an old band and loads of newer bands are better) 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32 (896 Views)
0 Kudos