23 Nov 2009
By: xHeatherx Award Winner 2,683 Posts
Level 3

Games for children

17 Replies 3,165 Views Created 23-11-2009

Christmas is really close now and I'd thought it'd be nice to make a thread for all the parents/carers/family members out there, who find it difficult to find some appropriate games for the younger ones to play.

I'm always struggling on ideas what to buy my daughter, constantly thinking there's not much of a selection out there, when there really is.

This is just a few games that I can think of. If there's some other games that you think are perfect for children to play (that I have missed out) then please feel free to post them up :smileyhappy:

Here's the list:

PS3 Games

Littlebigplanet

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

Cars Race-O-Rama

Buzz!

Motorstorm

Burnout Paradise

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Disney's UP

Eye Pet

Surf's UP

Madagascar Kartz

Sonic Unleashed

Bolt

Monsters vs. Aliens

Sonic the Hedgehog

WALL.E

Monopoly

Kung Fu Panda

The Legend of Spyro

Sega Superstars Tennis

Lego Star Wars

Lego Indiana Jones

Lego Batman

Disney Sing it

Ratchet & Clank Tools of destruction

Ratchet & Clank ACIT

Singstar

FIFA

Pro Evolution Soccer

Everybody's Golf World Tour

Hannah Montana

Harry Potter

Katamari Forever

PSN Games

Bejeweled 2

Bomberman Ultra

Flower

Lemmings

LocoRoco Cocoreccho

Magic Ball

Toy Home

Aqua Vita

Noby Noby Boy

Shatter

Topatoi

Wipeout HD

Calling All Cars

OutRun

Q*bert

Zen Pinball

Zuma

Trash Panic

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-cars

Buzz! Junior: Jungle Party

Buzz! Junior: Monster Rumble

Buzz! Junior: RoboJam

Elefunk

High Velocity Bowling

Hasbro Family Game Night

Go! Puzzle

PixelJunk Eden

PixelJunk Racers

Piyotama

Super Stardust HD

Super Rub'a'Dub

Snakeball

TV Show King

Hail to the Chimp

PSOne Games (Downloadable from PSN)

Crash Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot 2

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

Crash Team Racing

Disney's Hercules

Kula World

A Bug's Life

Cool Boarders

Creatures 3: Raised In Space

Destruction Derby

Disney's Tarzan

Everybody's Golf 2

James Pond 2

The Little Mermaid 2

Part Time with Whinnie the Pooh

Sheep

Rayman

Spin Jam

Street Skater 2

Theme Park

Wipeout

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (3,165 Views)
Level 6

Re: Games for children

Well I have a 5 year old lad and a 11 year old girl. The girl to be honest would rather play on her wii (tut tut) but the little un loves the PS3

I would say his favourite games over the past year have been

LBP

Pain

Calling All Cars

Madagascar Kartz

Fat Princess

Cars Race O Rama

Cars Piston Cup

High Velocity Bowling

Tried to get him into Modern Warfare 2 but doesnt interest him for some reason

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (3,150 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You can add the Guitar Hero/Rock band games to your list. Both have released family friendly versions with Lego RockBand (maybe out this week?) and Band Hero.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (3,145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Mkwone wrote:
You can add the Guitar Hero/Rock band games to your list. Both have released family friendly versions with Lego RockBand (maybe out this week?) and Band Hero.

Thanks :smileyhappy: I was going to add this to the list, but my daughter really struggles to play it, so I didn't know whether to add it.

Another brilliant family game though! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (3,141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

My lad loves his 360 and i would of said there was more games out there for him on that then on the PS3, but looking at your list Heather most are multiplatform anyway. But the PS2 is the weapon of choice for the kids IMO.

His Wii never gets a look in anymore because now he's 9 he likes more big boys games and regularly plays the likes of Tony Hawks (PS2 & 360) Sonic (his favorite, 360) Fifa Street Transformers ATV vs MX Unleashed an so on.

My dad spoils him with the games tho and makes Chrismas hard because he buys him new games all year round as well :Rolleyes: I dont see the point in him having a PS3 with the 360 collection he already has and its not like the exclusives matter for children and the multiplatform games are the majority of kids games anyway.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (3,127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ytevo79 wrote:

His Wii never gets a look in anymore because now he's 9 he likes more big boys games and regularly plays the likes of Tony Hawks (PS2 & 360) Sonic (his favorite, 360) Fifa Street Transformers ATV vs MX Unleashed an so on.

I bought my daughter a wii for Christmas last year. She played it all day Christmas day and never played it again.

She prefers her DS mostly but loves her PS3 games too. She is addicted to playing Motorstorm Pacific Rift at the moment. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (3,120 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

lego indiana jones 2 is just out.

my little boy like playing heavy weapons, simple to play, and a bit cartoony so doesnt seem quite so violent! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (3,115 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

xHeatherx wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

I bought my daughter a wii for Christmas last year. She played it all day Christmas day and never played it again.

She prefers her DS mostly but loves her PS3 games too. She is addicted to playing Motorstorm Pacific Rift at the moment. :smileyhappy:

Ha my lad loves Forza 2, he cant play it to save his life tho and when he saw my brother pick Forza 3 up he wanted that then. Well i always say to him ''you haven't even completed the one you've got yet'' and i think its just a waste and would rather get him something new and different. My dad will get him it for Chrimbo tho i'll put money on it :Lol:

I haven't looked at the Christmas list of games yet, i just pick up what i see while out shopping and get him to suggest a few games as well then sneak back and get them :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (3,110 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ytevo79 wrote:

xHeatherx wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

Ha my lad loves Forza 2, he cant play it to save his life tho and when he saw my brother pick Forza 3 up he wanted that then. Well i always say to him ''you haven't even completed the one you've got yet'' and i think its just a waste and would rather get him something new and different. My dad will get him it for Chrimbo tho i'll put money on it :Lol:

I haven't looked at the Christmas list of games yet, i just pick up what i see while out shopping and get him to suggest a few games as well then sneak back and get them :smileywink:

Me too. I'll end up buying my daughter a load of games that she won't have time to play... That's Christmas for you :smileytongue:

@Ecroman I'll be getting Indiana Jones 2 for Christmas. It's mainly for my daughter *cough cough* me I mean. :smileyvery-happy:  Really looking forward to getting it :smileyhappy:

I loved the first Lego Indiana Jones. Plus you can create your own levels.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (3,119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Does anyone know how well EyePet would work for a child who doesn't know a word of English? Is it language neutral (icons and such instead), or does it support other languages than English?

I have a friend whose son wants a pet. But my friend is reluctant to get him one. I suggested that a temporary patch may be EyePet, but he [the son] doesn't understand English.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (3,090 Views)
0 Kudos