on 18-01-2010 08:21 PM
really want to get the Special Edition of this game and i know its an HMV exclusive but i have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer for me: -
- what are the chances of me being able to pick it up in-store on release day?
- do HMV take payment immediately when the order has been placed or when it is in stock/posted?
- are they good for getting games to you on release day, or the day before, or have they a reputation for delivering late?
- anyone got any vouchers for HMV new customers?
look forward to your replies
on 18-01-2010 08:40 PM
on 18-01-2010 08:50 PM
I have ordered mine from a HMV store as I was having problems ordering it online. So to answer your questions...
- I think you should be able to obtain one on release but I would just ask when placing order.
- You can either pay when ordering or when you pick it up so its your decision.
- If you order it online, from what I understand they are very good. You will receive it on release day or I've heard some people receive it the day before the release date. Again this is only based on what I've heard as I have not ordered anything from the site.
- Sorry I can't help with the vouchers.
Be warned, when or if you order it from the shop they have it on their system at £54 as they state this is just a system price and should come down to the online price once they receive the games in store. Or that is what I was told and I've read other people get similar spiel when ordering theirs.
Hope this helps you.
on 19-01-2010 06:14 PM
I also understand that the special edition is exclusive to HMV in the UK. I've ordered from them. They're as good as most for delivery times. There's no guarantee you'll get it on release day, and it's unlikely to be early. I believe they charge when they dispatch. They used to do an order service where you ordered in store and collected from the store. If they still do that then you could get it day of release, but I've not used that service.
on 19-01-2010 07:56 PM
on 19-01-2010 10:22 PM
on 20-01-2010 04:21 PM
on 20-01-2010 07:59 PM
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community, head over to our Announcements & Events forum. To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password. If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]