24 Replies 783 Views Created 28-06-2007
Read it here. They gave it 8.7 which is pretty good. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: IGN Rainbow Six Vegas review

Compared to 9.3 they gave it for the 360.

It's the same game, with apparently slightly worse graphics and 20 free maps.

Surely it should be the same, or more?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

that's more encouraging to hear and they even said online was good thanks for that link
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Compared to 9.3 they gave it for the 360. It's the same game, with apparently slightly worse graphics and 20 free maps. Surely it should be the same, or more?It's different reviewers' opinions, for example they gave the 360 version a 10 on lasting appeal, and the PS3 version an 8.5. =/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Compared to 9.3 they gave it for the 360.

It's the same game, with apparently slightly worse graphics and 20 free maps.

Surely it should be the same, or more?

I don't really see any difference in the graphics, except that they've turned that irritating soft-focus effect off.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

wow, this means I might get it. Sounds good.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

People its a 9 month old game .
Which in turn looks a little worse now than it did back then :Confused:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

People its a 9 month old game . Which in turn looks a little worse now than it did back then :Confused: Ubisoft overused the bloom and HDR lighting effects in the Xbox 360 version and I think those effects probably masked some slightly ropey-looking textures (as well as interfering with your view in some sections). In the PS3 version, those effects have been toned down a bit (they are certainly not missing as IGN have suggested). This makes the game look a little rough and gritty but, strangely, not in a bad way. In fact, in some ways, everything looks sharper and clearer; kind of how I would imagine things would look if you had just had cataract surgery! I always felt that the Xbox 360 version looked a bit cartoonish; this version looks more real to me, but it's all a question of taste really.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ubisoft overused the bloom and HDR lighting effects in the Xbox 360 version and I think those effects probably masked some slightly ropey-looking textures (as well as interfering with your view in some sections).

In the PS3 version, those effects have been toned down a bit (they are certainly not missing as IGN have suggested). This makes the game look a little rough and gritty but, strangely, not in a bad way. In fact, in some ways, everything looks sharper and clearer.

Simple Qs ,does the 360 version look better ...........?
A simple yes or no will do .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've played this on my PS3 and when the display output is set to 1080i all the writing is blury and the game does not look sharp at all. I've had to set the display output to 720p and this solve's the problems I had.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25 (783 Views)
0 Kudos