26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Ps3 wont play games

15 Replies 2,530 Views Created 30-12-2008

My ps3 wont play any games. i put the games in and nothing happpens just like if no game is in there.

Has this happened to anyone else?

If so what can i do the repair it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Strikey2k8

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strikey2k8
Accepted Solution
my advice would be to call sony and ask them, they shoulds know how to fix it ;)
0 Kudos

Re: Ps3 wont play games

Made By NinjaOwen!
/16

bon3y16

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bon3y16
Accepted Solution
Do you have a number that i can call sony with
0 Kudos

/16

Strikey2k8

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strikey2k8
Accepted Solution

as a matter of fact i do, when you call them tell them your problem with the ps3 and they should either tell you how to fix it or give you a new 1.

the number is:08705998877

0 Kudos

Made By NinjaOwen!
/16

asdalavisa

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
asdalavisa
Accepted Solution
Mabye you put the disc in upside down? check that it is a GAME disc - Bluray or official disc, if it is a BLU RAY from another country it wont work :) hope i helped
0 Kudos

/16

jedzz_US

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jedzz_US
Accepted Solution

asdalavisa wrote:
Mabye you put the disc in upside down? check that it is a GAME disc - Bluray or official disc, if it is a BLU RAY from another country it wont work :) hope i helped

ps3 games aren't usualy region locked.maening you can play games from other countrys on your ps3

0 Kudos

Photobucket
i used to sell funiture for a living... the problem was it was my own

my PSN: jedzz
our PSN: jedbld
/16

MadeFade

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MadeFade
Accepted Solution
I had that but i think it was dust all i did was blow inside the disk tray bit and was fine.. try a lens cleaner..
0 Kudos

/16

Johnny_S_UK

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Johnny_S_UK
Accepted Solution

It's broken.

Take it back to where you bought it from and get a new one.

Like I did.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16
44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
X_DARTH__VADER_X
Accepted Solution

I had similiar proplem couple of months ago. Only mine would play about 10 mins of any game before crashing, yet it would play dvds n blu ray disks perfectly. At the time of reporting it mine was the only console to have done this. Sony said to try and do a full system restore first. This didnt help so they just replaced the console like for like within 5 days can't fault them for the service I got. 

Does it play blu ray disks? if not you have a faulty laser which is quite common in the 60gb version a replacement can be bought at consoleshop.com but ruins gauntee if you replace yourself unless its expired and you havent bothered with the continious play. There is tutioral on youtube on how to do it.

I now dont use my ps3 for blu ray films or pause games for to long. 

0 Kudos

/16

espn222

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
espn222
Accepted Solution
I have the same exact probelm abd mines wont read bluyrays either. Bon3y16, How did you repair it?  Also anybody else have this probelm?  
0 Kudos

/16

davemc_83

37%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
davemc_83
Accepted Solution

this is my link form yesterday ,this is a problem ive had that may be the same as yours im not sure if u own gta but i think it could be the cause or call of duty???????have a read

about 4weeks ago whilst playing gta on my 60gb ps3 the game froze ,i turned off the console and it wasnt until the next day that i turned the game back on to find that the game wouldnt load all i got was the swirling circle in the top right hang corner ,i tried a dvd ,blu ray, cd ,ps2 game ,another ps3 game  but none worked .sony collected the console and repaired the problem.after i recieved the console back i had about two week of play that was fine then whilst playing gta the console did the exact same thing as before .so again i rang sony and this time they replaced the whole console.whilst waiting for its return i googled my problem to find that a few other people have had this problem with gta and call of duty modern warfare,i contacted rockstar and they said they where aware of a problem and basicly told me the 60gb couldnt deal with the size of the game for some reason,i then rang sony who didnt really give me much feedback and basicly denied the rockstar theory even though rockstar told me that sony was aware of the problem also.

i got a new ps3 back the other day but i am a bit worried about playing gta again incase the same happens as i only have 3months left.

i just wanted to know if any one else have had any problems and can for certain confirm my theory...

did gta mess up my ps3?

thanks

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

thorgrimm

• Beta Tester
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thorgrimm
Accepted Solution

davemc_83 schreef:

this is my link form yesterday ,this is a problem ive had that may be the same as yours im not sure if u own gta but i think it could be the cause or call of duty???????have a read

about 4weeks ago whilst playing gta on my 60gb ps3 the game froze ,i turned off the console and it wasnt until the next day that i turned the game back on to find that the game wouldnt load all i got was the swirling circle in the top right hang corner ,i tried a dvd ,blu ray, cd ,ps2 game ,another ps3 game  but none worked .sony collected the console and repaired the problem.after i recieved the console back i had about two week of play that was fine then whilst playing gta the console did the exact same thing as before .so again i rang sony and this time they replaced the whole console.whilst waiting for its return i googled my problem to find that a few other people have had this problem with gta and call of duty modern warfare,i contacted rockstar and they said they where aware of a problem and basicly told me the 60gb couldnt deal with the size of the game for some reason,i then rang sony who didnt really give me much feedback and basicly denied the rockstar theory even though rockstar told me that sony was aware of the problem also.

i got a new ps3 back the other day but i am a bit worried about playing gta again incase the same happens as i only have 3months left.

i just wanted to know if any one else have had any problems and can for certain confirm my theory...

did gta mess up my ps3?

thanks

for the record, it's a serie-numbered problem...

my ps3 60 gb works perfectly with gta4

(the first one broke with a faulty bluray-reader ...the first problem you will have is that the sound falls away)

0 Kudos

/16

Turkey-Sub78

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Turkey-Sub78
Accepted Solution
i would say the Blu Ray lens has broke. This has happened to some of my mates
0 Kudos

/16

Strikey2k8

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strikey2k8
Accepted Solution
i brought uncharted (preowned) from gamestation and the ps3 (160GB) wont read it, i tryed my other games and they worked perfectly. im confuzed??? :s
0 Kudos

Made By NinjaOwen!
/16

loakesy

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
loakesy
Accepted Solution

I had a problem like this some time ago (was within a year of getting the PS3 on release day).

I put a game disc in and it was loading for ages with the disc loading sign in the corner yet nothing happened. Same with anything else I tried - Blue Ray, DVD, Games etc.

I phoned HMV where I got the PS3 from and they put me in touch with Sony. Explained the problem to them and they said it was down to the fact I played a game when I should have done a system update first. Didn't know that I had to!

Anyway they sent me a new PS3 to work and took the broken one away within a day. Excellent service so I hope they do the same for you.

0 Kudos

/16

bon3y16

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bon3y16
Accepted Solution
i have rung sony and they are picking up soon!!! so thanks peeps for givn me help to help fix this problem, so if you have a problem all you have you do is ring sony. if you do the number is 0870 599 8877
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel