PlayStation®3 Media

PlayStation®3 Media

01 Sep 2010
By: IIKillerClown Member 31 Posts
Level 2

3D Blu-Ray on PS3...

23 Replies 4993 Views Created 01-09-2010

Hey everyone.

Just looking for a bit of advice with 3D Blu-rays on the PS3. I can play them on my Samsung 3D TV but only in 2D - 3D Conversion. When I try and play 'Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs' in 3D it says "3D Experience Requires 3D Enabled TV and Player".

Also, when playing 'Monsters vs Aliens' it only allows me to watch it in 2D - 3D Conversion. However, when playing the game Motorstorm 3D Rift from PSN it allows me to play it in actual 3D without the need for the conversion.

Why is this? Does PS3 not yet support 3D Blu-rays fully? Are we waiting on an update? If you could let me know or give me any advice on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (4,993 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: 3D Blu-Ray on PS3...

Hey dude, click the link below.................

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=262615

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (4,975 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Thanks dude, much appreciated! So the firmware update is set for October instead of September now.

I'm sure I will be able to hold on an extra month lol. Thanks again man :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (4,953 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Yet another month to wait, yes there is only one film available, it had a sticker on front saying compatible with 3d bluray players and sony ps3 systems
I can keep watching the demo I suppose! I could have got a compatible bluray player with the tv but opted for a surround sound system instead thinking that I wouldn't have to wait long to play 3d movies,never mind.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (4,936 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: 3D Blu-Ray on PS3..

Hi quick question how good is the 2 d to 3d conversion on the samsung considering getting one of these sets starwars and fast and furious would look pretty sweet let me know how close it is to proper 3d thanks
1000th post 12-02-2010 08:06 PM !
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (4,919 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: 3D Blu-Ray on PS3..

TheJamesS wrote:
Hi quick question how good is the 2 d to 3d conversion on the samsung considering getting one of these sets starwars and fast and furious would look pretty sweet let me know how close it is to proper 3d thanks

Hey Mate, it all depends what you are watching, Some things like Avatar are quite Passable, but things like Sky look sub standard,  And it NEVER looks as good as normal 3D.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (4,916 Views)
0 Kudos

hi there ,, i had the same problem ,,, just needed new hdmi cable,  needs to be latest model 1,4  

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (4,776 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

if you know where to look you can find 3d blurays converted to side by side .....ooopss

and 2d-3d conversation is miles off . more so in films that in games

Free Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (4,771 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

so the 3D bluray support firmware update is out, anyone tried a 3d bluray with it - thoughts ?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (4,536 Views)
0 Kudos

I'm having no luck with it at all right now.

PS3 (original 60G version w/ hardware PS2 support)  updated to 3.50 firmware.

Samsung 50" Plasma 'C490' with shutter glasses

HDMI 1.4a cable from Vizeo

Monster House 3D -- no matter what I try to do, it keeps saying "3d experience requires 3d enabled tv and player"

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (4,275 Views)
0 Kudos