02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

4.10 browser update,worse than before

[ Edited ]
44 Replies 2,055 Views edited 09-02-2012

is it just me or did this 4.10 browser update make the browser worse than before? ok google works again but most of the others sites i regularly browsed before the update are freezing and regularly crashing my ps3 making me reset the console just from looking at simple sites. i had no problems with the old browser but this new one is almost unuseable,anyonle else having problems

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

eusivecom wrote:

A quick question. Why are all Youtube links now going straight to XL and saying content not found? Then when I click the link to go back to regular, it say the account has been suspended. I have tested it on numerous PS3, each with the same outcome. Is it possible to change this manually? As its very annoying! Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Blame you tube they altered their site coding yet again.

Tribble6 wrote:

Tribble6 wrote:

Regarding the recent YouTube issue, where clicking an external YouTube video link takes you to an invalid page (on YouTube XL), mont348 has found a solution.

You need to delete cookies and then when you end up on YouTube XL, click the View Standard Version link. 

Deleting cookies / cache has never done much for me in the past (in the PS3 browser), but in this case, it does indeed appear to work :smileyhappy:.

P.S. No final word on my offer to help with the browser (I need to dust off and update my CV...).

Sorry, I didn't report the exact steps I took (I should know better...).

To restore service, you need to delete cookies and then visit the YouTube home page, which re-directs you to a valid XL page and finally click the "View Standard Version" link.

but the Browser topic in GD had a solution..

0 Kudos

Re: 4.10 browser update,worse than before

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

PlayerUMD

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PlayerUMD
Accepted Solution
Why would you even use PS3's browser? It's the worst outdated browser I've ever used and never again will I give it a try.
0 Kudos

Next-Gen Console Picks: Nintendo Wii U & Sony PS4!
/16

killerkipling

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
killerkipling
Accepted Solution

Hi.

Since the last PS3 update a month or so ago I have noticed a backwards trend in the behaviour of the PS3 when using the web.

It was like this a few updates ago, but then we had another update which appeared to fix a majority of the problems with Flash and general web page visits etc,

However, now it seems to be broken again requiring the PS3 to be re-booted to get out due to lock up / freezing,

I now have at least two or three security warnings pop up when the pages I visit are fine, such as this one etc, even if this one can take an eternity sometimes due to the incessant adverts loading! Ironic when a PSN Web page loads so slowly on a Sony PS3 device.

0 Kudos

I want to have Fun, Screw anything related to Gaming Stats, or what anyone else thinks they should be for that matter.
 photo 140182777129261427468-mini_zpse129d2a9.png
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel