[EN] Archive

PlayStation®3 Media

PlayStation®3 Media

Re: High definition cable?

Well, i got the Playstation 3 cable and it doesnt work, or at least i cant get the connection sorted. All i can do is use the original scart, connect those up from the new cable, and then ive connected the 3 new cables in the TV - and it does nothing better at all. i cannot change the settings in the menu in the playstation. Or is there some way to do this? otherwise, i will try this HDMI cable. There are many types - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_**_w_h_/026-9156304-4103636?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&... anyone used one of these from amazon? If so, i will purchase one of those! :smileyhappy: Such a pain not to be able to use this great new TV and the P3 properly. You need to be a bit more clear on what you mean by PS3 cable, there are countless connection methods, name the connection type, S-Vid, Component, RGB, HDMI etc. Get any of those cables from amazon, the cheapest will do, I hae that 50p one but you will be paying another 4 quid for delivery so go cheap as you can for the right length cable, quality doesn't make any difference. Apart from the build quality it self. I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to change the settings from the menu, you do know how it works right? Up/Down to select the output type, then press right for more options, then right etc until the end then press X to confirm.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

well heres what i got connected now -

Y - Green cable
PB/CB - Blue Cable
PR/CR - Red cable

They seem to do absolutely nothing. Im now back to the original scar cable of White, yellow and red.

There are 2 other cable sockets - White, L/G/S/I and Red, R/D/D/D makes no difference. I have then tried with the different types of settings - none of them work. The TV just goes blank for 30 secs. :Confused:
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

well heres what i got connected now - Y - Green cable PB/CB - Blue Cable PR/CR - Red cable They seem to do absolutely nothing. Im now back to the original scar cable of White, yellow and red. There are 2 other cable sockets - White, L/G/S/I and Red, R/D/D/D makes no difference. I have then tried with the different types of settings - none of them work. The TV just goes blank for 30 secs. :Confused: Ok, connect the component cable back up, Red/Green/Blue, turn on your TV and put it on "Component". Turn on PS3 by holding the power button for 10 seconds. This resets the TV output and it should now display. If this doesn't work come back for a work around.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

How does one manage to turn your TV to "Component" exactly please?
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

How does one manage to turn your TV to "Component" exactly please? I don't know, it depends entirely on what TV you have, but it's usually to do with "input" or "source" and there is normally a dedicated button both on the TV and on the remote. Surely you know how to change sources if you have a HDTV?
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

aha! Im getting there now.....i just flicked through the channels (had been using the GAME" setting) and came across AV4 - with Playstation screen on......now, tried to alter and managed to 750, and looks ten times better! No sound yet, but really is so much better.....
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

aha! Im getting there now.....i just flicked through the channels (had been using the GAME" setting) and came across AV4 - with Playstation screen on......now, tried to alter and managed to 750, and looks ten times better! No sound yet, but really is so much better..... Hehe, well, component doesn't output sound, you need to connect the Red and White too, or use an optical cable. And what you mean 750? You mean 720p?
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

yeah thats it, have replaced the cable to a different socket and now work well!
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

also, now got 1080i on the screen with sound - much, much better! thanks all :smileyhappy: :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos

also, now got 1080i on the screen with sound - much, much better! thanks all :smileyhappy: :Thumbs: You're welcome.:Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 36 (830 Views)
0 Kudos