07 Jan 2012
By: wellb_b Member 217 Posts
Level 3

Netflix --- WHO GAVE SONY PERMISSION

34 Replies 714 Views Created 07-01-2012

Who gave Sony permission to install on MY PS3. Im sure I didnt, I didnt see any update or terms and conditions. Not sure about you guys but I think they have got some cheek. :Argh:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 35 (714 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Netflix --- WHO GAVE SONY PERMISSION

Its a tiny little link app size is 13mb come on. Its a media system more things video/music the better.

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 35 (709 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

I can't say it bothers me in the slightest and I'll bet it is covered in the terms somewhere when you accepted FW4.0.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35 (702 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

without sounding sarcastic you probably gave permission when you accepted Sony's T's & C's

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35 (700 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

It's not installed on your PS3, it's just the icon. However, if you do want to download and install Netflix onto your PS3, simply click on the icon and it will take you through the process.
It's kinda like the situation with the PlayStation Home icon, where it's always there, but doesn't necessarily mean you have it installed on your system.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35 (696 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

hey hey

they havent installed anything.

the netflix icon is a advert/nag/sponsered placeholder. the download is user prompted (that I've read so far)

i'm pretty sure that the T&C will read somewhere that sony are able to install anythng they wish to your console in the form of a firmware update (silent or otherwise) or directly adding new icons etc to the XMB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 35 (693 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Here, have a box of tissues to wipe away those tears.... oh, and have a free dose of man the f**k up.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35 (664 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

frodouk wrote:
oh, and have a free dose of man the f**k up.

Game Dev's CCP (DUST514) HTFU video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 35 (658 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Now now no need for abuse. Thought someone might of seen my point. Guess not!! Fairy *****.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35 (655 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

wellb_b wrote:

Now now no need for abuse. Thought someone might of seen my point. Guess not!! Fairy *****.

To be fair, it is a bit of a catch 22. Put the icons there and for people who don't use them it just adds unwanted clutter. Don't put the icons there though and people may never know of the services available.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with them if we could manually remove them from the xmb, which seems like a fair compromise to me at least.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35 (642 Views)
0 Kudos