29 Jul 2012
By mont348
Playstation Staff

Netflix and LoveFilm on two PS3's?

3 Replies 554 Views Created 29-07-2012

Nothing sinister like account sharing etc. Can Netflix and LoveFilm be activated on two PS3's under the same household one upstairs and one downstairs? I know they can be used across multiple devices not sure about PS3 activation limit. Is it classed as a video activation like Playstation store video content like one per PSN account?

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (554 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Netflix and LoveFilm on two PS3's?

[ Edited ]

Lovefilm and Netflix requires your PSN ID to be active on both Consoles.

Not sure how, You can login to Both PS3s at the same time.

Dual Usage of a PSN ID is not normaly possible for online on PS3.

There may be a work a round like signing out From a console manualy once the apps are running but not sure...

Both only allow 2 devices active at 1 time and each physical device is counted as 1 device.

You have to deactivate a PS3s to use another device like a IPTV enabled HDTV... 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

I don't want both on at the same time logged in with the same ID. Getting a second PS3 just want to use Netflix on a second system in the bedroom. I was just wondering about activation limit rules.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (524 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have both Netflix and LF working fine on 2 PS3's.

I just created a second user which stays as the default at switch on so it doesn't boot the other one out of the PSN.

I'm sure that when I stayed at my bros house I just ran LF and using my LF user name and PW it just let me watch films on my subscription without having my psn on his PS3.

Just remember that you may need to deactivate devices within the control panel at NF & LF if you hit their individual device limits.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (509 Views)
0 Kudos