64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS3 Music Search Needed!!

49 Replies 6,503 Views Created 24-10-2008

(Ive posted this in the Media section because yes, music is media as well as 'Blu-Ray & HD'

Dear Sony,

Pleeeeeeease put some sort of artist/song/album filter/search onto the music section on the PS3 XMB, the same sort that itunes has.

I have put all of my iPod music on my PS3, and it can take literally minutes of scrolling down to listen to artists far down in the alphabet. I know people that have the same problem and it would be soooo much more convenient to just type in the artist name and all their songs pop up.

What do you think people?

Hopefully if we get enough posts on this thread, Playstation may notice and make some changes! So come on people, what are your thoughts!?

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

sympozium_666

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sympozium_666
Accepted Solution
its on media go....and many other media players they call this "search feature" if they could do this for the Ps3 then sweet!
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Music Search Needed!!

----------------------------------
Danza, danza, Danza di fuoco e ghiaccio!

/16

ettomal

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ettomal
Accepted Solution

Yes improved music search is definitely needed.

0 Kudos

/16

AlboSound64

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlboSound64
Accepted Solution

Why is this taking so long like just add a search bar for music ***** ??

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

StumpyBloke

83%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StumpyBloke
Accepted Solution
Because Sony couldn't give a toss about what its users want!!
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Tod_UK

• Beta Tester
84%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tod_UK
Accepted Solution

This needs to be sorted, my PS Vita when connecting to get some music from my PS 3 equally shows everything in a huge list - completely impossible to select tunes for copying to PS Vita when you have over a certain amount of music.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

madesina

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
madesina
Accepted Solution

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! This is such a basic oversight! I have my NAS drive connected wirelessly to my PS3, and i have to scroll for AGES to find an artist, song, genre... oh my days. It's awful. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

0 Kudos

/16

gt56yu789

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gt56yu789
Accepted Solution

To the Sony Computer Entertainment complaint department (if any exist),
It is a such an agony to read all the above posts from PS3 users requiring a simple function as "search", and I confirm that it’s an unbearable struggle having to scroll up and down 50GB of music to find IE: "Toccata e Fuga in re minore BWV565".
I used to use the ps3 on daily basis to listen all my music as it has an appreciable sound quality, unfortunately, I regret to have trusted the system too much and spent a considerable amount of time inputting almost half of my CD collection and then discover that I cannot play the song that I want when I want, as to scroll down it will take about a minute plus the distress to have to stop to check at which point I am through the list, then start again, then stop, start, stop, and so on until I find the music I require.

........................ today, after few weeks of frustration thinking that perhaps its my fault been too old and not capable to use the system correctly, I search through instruction manuals, read on this forum, consulted with my son, reaching the conclusion that the system it’s not worth my while no more.....

Therefore I unanimously associate with the above users requesting a such a simple software upgrade,
" THE SEARCH ",
I understand that to release an update now, it could be cost ineffective, but you could make an "add-on" software type which we can download/buy from the Market for the fair price of £1.00, but it should not be a full application as the existing "Music Unlimited" or "Vidzone" software which do try to monopolise my spare time to listen what is commercially viable at this present time (decided by a united congregation of marketers ......), but it should be a simple add-on to the existing Sony software platform.
I hope this post will be taken in consideration.
Kind regards
William

0 Kudos

wil

/16

MorFamous-Kali

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MorFamous-Kali
Accepted Solution

You probably know, but you can sort your music in different ways like by letter, genre etc. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel