Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Re : PS3 Music Search Needed!!

I totally agree. Hopefully if all this cross game chat stuff is true they can get that out of the way and then dedicate the next firmware improvement to the PS3 music functions.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 50 (1,476 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Music Search Needed!!

This feature is very crucial for many millions of users everywhere. Come on Sony, get with the program!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 50 (1,304 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yep would like to add my support, anything to allow you to wade through several thousands songs which anyone storing there music on the PS3 will need.

Search facility and/or a way to store the files in an album.folder structire.

And some more visualisers. Something like Media Player or Winamp.

Free preferably or maybe 59p for the better ones

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 50 (1,271 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Completely agree. Not sure if it was 3.1 or 3.15 but it now scrolls down a lot quicker, but Sony still need to put in better organisation and a search feature.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 50 (1,264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Richie99 wrote:

Yep would like to add my support, anything to allow you to wade through several thousands songs which anyone storing there music on the PS3 will need.

Search facility and/or a way to store the files in an album.folder structire.

And some more visualisers. Something like Media Player or Winamp.

Free preferably or maybe 59p for the better ones

Search facility and Artist/Album folder structure would be nice.

More visualisations would be nice too. None of the flashy Winamp/WMP types though, they're a bit too garish. I'd prefer some more in line with the PSP visualisations but with an added twist.

Dynamic themes that come with a corresponding visualiser would make me part with my cash.

SensMe channels would be a great addition. 

Synchronisation with a Media Server would be great too

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 50 (1,228 Views)
0 Kudos
Ezz
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I also agree...

The PS3 is suppose to be a media hub but is very much lacking in this area even the PSP has more options for music play back. 

I've posted the same question as everyone else but this seems to be an area which Sony have forgotten about or they just ignore our suggestions for improvements and never respond.

Surely, it does not have anything to do with Digit Rights but at least respond on this topic Sony please!!

PS. If you could allow music playback when in Home the would greatly improve the experience and keep me there longer ;-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 50 (1,222 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

And me.
Please just have a group by function or addition so that you can group music by Artist -> Album -> Title
Please please please.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 50 (1,189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Sony have got this perfect on the walkman, with the sense me and time machine shuffle features, and even the way the albums can be arranged similarly to the new matrix for the images on ps3. I think the ps3 would really benefit from some of the features sony already use on the walkman

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 50 (1,188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Also another gripe is that the Artist listing uses Track Artist and not Album Artist which means you end up with tracks from one album listed under different names.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 50 (1,181 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

SONY, Please upgrade the music features of the playstation to something modern.  it is now 2011 and there is no search, album pics and info is spotty...  I have about 500 albums shared through a Dedicated DLNA sercer and I want to use my PS3 as the main media manager.....  Please get on the ball or fund 3rd party developers to help us!!!

License ITunes or Windows Media player or something!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 50 (572 Views)
0 Kudos