21 Aug 2009
By jai163
Playstation Staff

PS3 Slim bitsreams HD Audio!! - FINALLY!

6 Replies 609 Views Created 21-08-2009

So remember how when the PS3 was first introduced, some of us were a bit bummed that it could only send HD audio through the LPCM mode.  Small detail I know, but since a lot of us have fancy audio setups it would have been nice to allow our systems to do the audio decoding rather than the PS3. 

What a lot of us wanted was the PS3 to be able to bitstream that HD sound and allow our audio systems to do the work, well thanks to the PS3 Slim, that is now possible. So says Engadget!

Along with the much needed (for me anyway) Bravia sync, the PS3 Slim now bitstreams Dolby TrueHD AND DTS-HD.

PS3 Slim bitsreams Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio, at last 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (609 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Slim bitsreams HD Audio!! - FINALLY!

Good news had I not bought a stand-alone blu ray player. Gone will be the smugness of seeing TrueHD / DTS-HD MA on my receiver.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (607 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've generally kept an eye on this subject. It certainly is great that it lights up a cool logo on your receiver but will you notice any difference in sound quality?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (588 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

no it's more like, I've spent hundreds of pounds of a fancy audio receiver and I want it to do the decoding for all my audio.  And yes I want to see the DTS-HD light turn on :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (579 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

goods news , will finaly see it light up on my onkyo 606
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (558 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Would this have anything to do with F/W 3.0 or harware upgrade?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

jai163 wrote:
no it's more like, I've spent hundreds of pounds of a fancy audio receiver and I want it to do the decoding for all my audio.  And yes I want to see the DTS-HD light turn on :smileytongue:

yer thats how ive felt about hd audio . hd picture is a no brainer , but audio ... i really dont notice it . its the same as 320kbs vs a wav cd track . i could lie and say that i can easily hear the differnce to help justify paying loads of money on sound system ... but i cant 

Free Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (510 Views)
0 Kudos