06 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

PSN game prices

5 Replies 572 Views Created 06-04-2012

Hi all

Was just wondering whats up with the prices of games on the store? I mean why is Ratchet and clank: All 4 one £49.99 which comes with no box, no disc and no user manual, yet you can get the same game here: http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/ratchet-and-clank-all-4-one-72114?pageSize=21&searchTerm=all%204%20o... for £19.99 although that game is currently out of stock, even the special edition of this is only £30 at gamestation and yes they are brand new not pre-owned. I realy dont get why PSN store prices are so much :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (572 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN game prices

Ive managed to get both Ratchet and clank: all 4 one and Rayman origins for £35.38 from amazon.co.uk thats a saving of £44.60 compaired to the price of both games on PSN, PS store prices realy need to be looked at the games are way over priced. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (565 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

You realy going to dig up this VERY old topic again while also posting in the wrong sub section instead of General Disscusion. OK

RRP is a Forced requirement buy a publisher on new release. 

Currently the publishers NEEDs high st retailers and online retailers. So CAN NOT out price them untill an agreed time frame is expired. It costs time and money to change prices on the store every time and can't be done every time another high st shop alters their price.

"Darksiders" is an example were the time frame has expired and is now cheaper on PSN, than in retail stores, new on BD. 

When High st stores are no longer required to make a high turn over, More Titles will be download exclusive and you Won't be able to choose a BD version. 

Those who want physical media will NOT matter. The production costs will be worked out to ignore them as most PSN titles do allready. 

Enjoy low BD product prices while you can.  

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner.
Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user. Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

posting in the wrong section? I thought media was the way games were being sold as in disc media distrubuted media, as for RRP thats £44.99 not £49.99 like on the store and whats so difficult for them to change prices quick on the store? it would take longer to label up multiple games in a highstreet store than to change just 1 download source that everyone downloads from on PSN, RRP is for games that come with a disc, box and manual, so why arent the prices already decreased to accomidate for the packaging we dont get on PSN, also with the games you get from PSN you cant even return them if the game isnt what you expected, there is no refund you cant even give the game away to a friend if you dont like the game, £50 for something you have to keep for the rest of your life whether you like it or not, you think that is right? because I dont :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

oh and btw you said "Currently the publishers NEEDs high st retailers" realy? Im hearing developers saying that retailers are actualy causing publishers to lose billions in revenues due to pre-owned game sales, even causing publishers to lay off people, doesnt sound to me like they NEED highstreet retailers, it seems to me they just need to cut their prices on the store. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (544 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Sorry to dredge up an older topic but just wrote some thoughts following purchasing Gravity Rush on the PSN.  

Would be very interested to know people's ideas about this article and the topic more generally.

http://second-gen-gamer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/do-online-sales-make-sense.html

My blog including a little write up about the Vita here -

http://​second-gen-gamer.blogspot.co.uk​ - Give us a read. Thanks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (274 Views)
0 Kudos