28 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff

Play TV Issue - Controller not responding when playing recordings

4 Replies 363 Views Created 28-07-2012

I've got a strange issue that has just started affecting Play TV recordings.

When I play a recording, or if I pause live TV the controller stops functioning correctly.  I'm only able to pause, unpause and rewind the recording.  I'm not able to fast forward the recording or control the on screed dashboard.

I can still go to the main menu.  Once I exit the recording the controller functions return to normal.

I've tried re-starting, and also disconnecting from mains and I've also tried a different controller connecting on the 2nd channel.  Same result.

Please Help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Play TV Issue - Controller not responding when playing recordings

You are not alone..... mine has been like this since the last two system updates.

The last update has screwed up the ability to move recordings from PlayTV to the XMB. Anything I move shows as a corrupted file even though it worked fine within PlayTV.

Roll on another update!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

This has literally just started happening to mine .....

any ideas as to what's causing this ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (278 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I think I might have figured it out.  When the battery in the controller starts to fail it starts doing lots of weird stuff.  Answer, by a new battery and install.  Well it worked for me at least. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (269 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

delete all play tv then do a clean install with the play tv disk. For me this has worked for complete loss of signal,records not playing smooth jump/start error, I think over time the play tv data needs a clean install. Plus don't leave to many records in the play tv library under 30GB i keep too. I move my records to a big 1TB usb HDD. I would just keep 30GB for play tv recordsl. this is why i did not upgrade my 80GB ps3 hdd a lot of people had the play tv doing all weird crap with large amount of records. iv had play tv since 2009 iv done 3 clean install todate. 

FREE MMO AT GAMIGO ...pirate galaxy...levelR top games. pc only...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (234 Views)
0 Kudos