12 Jul 2009

Playstation Staff

Play TV has stopped working!

7 Replies 1,385 Views Created 12-07-2009

Hi,

Up to yesterday my playtv (which I`ve had since Christmas) was working fine, no problems at all. Now it only picks up two channels (Cbeebies and BBC Parliament - *****!). When I plug the aerial into the TV no problem, all channels are there.

Anyone else having this problem, think I need to send it back as faulty??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (1,385 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Play TV has stopped working!

I know this sounds silly but have you done a re-scan for all channels?

Unofficial U.K Playstation.com Forums flickr Group |  | Last Platinum: NFS Hot Pursuit
>>> click here for my ps3 mac theme <<<
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (1,352 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Rescanned, re installed and reset the whole system, nothing works now, cant even get cbeebies!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (1,348 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Normally I would suggest a different aerial; I wouldn't have thought though if it works on your normal tv then it would be a problem with the play tv box.

try replacing all the cables???

Unofficial U.K Playstation.com Forums flickr Group |  | Last Platinum: NFS Hot Pursuit
>>> click here for my ps3 mac theme <<<
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (1,348 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

do you have any other freeview equipment in your house?
check that to see if you getting signal from that... if not, then its not a problem with playtv, will more likely be a problem with aerial, reception or possibly cabling.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (1,319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I was almost put off getting play tv reading some of the general comments regarding unreliability and problems some people are finding with it. I was given it recently by one of mates and got my digital aerial fixed up today and got everything connected and I'm happy to say it was an easy process and it looks to be working brilliantly. I'm in a fairly poor area for reception and I got all of the channels and recording quality has been excellent. 

RJonesDJ wrote:
do you have any other freeview equipment in your house?
check that to see if you getting signal from that... if not, then its not a problem with playtv, will more likely be a problem with aerial, reception or possibly cabling.
As for problems, above comment is sound advice. Establish if you have a signal of any description and work back from that.  Good luck.

"Let's eat Grandma" or "Let's eat, Grandma" - Punctuation saves lives.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (1,287 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi Milomoon, did you figure out what the problem was with your playtv? I turned mine on the other night and it is the same problem. It has dropped all but one channel. I have rescanned a number of times and the other channels work fine through the normal tv tuner so it isn't the antenna.

Did you end up sending yours back?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (999 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Things to try :-
1. Make sure you have "All Channels" selected in the tv guide
2. Remove the aerial lead and re-scan - this will clear out the channel list - then replace the aerial and scan again.
3. Swap aerial leads with the one into your tv.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (996 Views)
0 Kudos