02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

nas drive not showing all folders on ps3

26 Replies 4,644 Views Created 28-12-2011

i have a nas drive (network drive for those of you who dont know) i bought it as a pluscom and it is compatiable with crapbox and ps3. its flashed to an icybox903 firmware which is pretty much the same just a different logo.

my ps3 easily found it as a media server but when i go into it on the ps3 it only shows certain folders and for some strange reason it shows sub folders on the same level.

i have put a video file into one of the folders it does see and it finds it no problems and runs fine too.

if i plug the nas drive into the ps3 direct via usb it shows everything but obviously being a nas drive that would defeat its purpose connecting via usb.

i bought the nas drive for all my storage needs for my pc's and eventually ps3 which ive now obviously got a ps3.

anyone know what i should do next?

someone said press the triangle and choose show all but it doesnt give me that option (it did via usb though) so theres a setting a miss somewhere but where i dont know. it seems the nas is talking to the ps3 fine but not fully.

here is the user manual which doesnt make a lot of sense where the ps3 is concerned  http://www.scribd.com/doc/45500874/35-Nas-User-Guide-Pluscom

in the section for media server it allows you to choose folders on the main index to use as music, pictures and video. ive got these all set to a folder called main because thats where all my stuff is. also ive tried to set it to another folder and sure enough it changes on the ps3 as it should.

on the main gui for the nas (accessed via pc) theres an option to enable/connect DHCP server ive tried that too still not playing ball.

im at a loss now, give me a pc i can sort a problem out but this is just beyond me  

please help

thanks in advance  

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions
/16

totalguy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
totalguy
Accepted Solution
think ive cracked it now :)

found a newer firmware although it didnt mention ps3 in the fixes on the firmware update i thought what the hell do it and it might work.

now i was looking on the ps3 i scrolled d own the folders went up one folder and the hd light on the nas is going mental and new folders appeared below it so i think what its doing is indexing everything onthe drive which may take some time as its a 1.5tb drive lol

the "folder system" on the ps3 (not to be confused with file system fat32 ntfs etc) is different on the ps3. it puts all folders with movies in them on 1 level so all sub folders on same level.

as an example i got a folder called video and in it the contents is several other folders with video's in. but on ps3 all the folders are on the same level

just need to wait and see once the hd light stops make sure its all working right :)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: nas drive not showing all folders on ps3

All Replies
/16

totalguy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
totalguy
Accepted Solution

sounds good shame i dont know if it will work on mine 

0 Kudos

/16

Farscape247

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Farscape247
Accepted Solution
you would need to check out fun plug to be able to install twonky on your nas and it would involve using telnet and copy and pasting code into telnet to get everything working, it is rather easy but i decided i would un-install twonky and just use the nas software.
0 Kudos

Play More Live More
/16

totalguy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
totalguy
Accepted Solution

i dont have a clue about any of that do you have any info or can point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos

/16

totalguy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
totalguy
Accepted Solution

bump

0 Kudos

/16

totalguy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
totalguy
Accepted Solution

anyone? 

this ps3 is pretty crap for what it does so far i should have probably stuck to just using my pc for everything. only thing my pc aint got is a blueray player which isnt essential for me 

0 Kudos

/16

totalguy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
totalguy
Accepted Solution
i thought id figured out the problem but i didnt. one of the ftp accounts (anonymous) was set to read only so i set it to read and write but it didnt make any difference
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel