on 18-02-2012 02:23 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
on 19-02-2012 11:55 PM
There is a manual ejection with the PS3 slim:
1. Turn off the PlayStation and remove the power and cords from the PlayStation
2. Turn the PlayStation upside down and next to the Warranty sticker there is a tile. NOTE: DO NOT TOUCH THE WARRANTY STICKER!!
3. When you remove the tile completely from the PlayStation, you place a screwdriver into the hole where the tile was connected.
4. Gently place the screwdriver in until you can feel the tray mechnism (which feels like a ribbon).
5. Turn the screwdriver anti-clockwise and the CD will come out.
If this fails please contact Customer Support :
AUS - 1300 365 911
NZ - 09 415 2447
Hope this helps!
on 23-06-2012 03:22 AM
The same thing happens to my 320Gb slim PS3. My boyfriend figured out, by accident, that if you push the eject button, then at the same time, slide an ordinary playing card into the disk slot and gently lift the card up, the disc will come out. It works with games, movies, and music cd's. None of this "flipping the console upside down" or the rest of that junk. He gets it to work every time. It's also worth it to know that this has been happening for quite some time now. As far as why it's happening, he nor I know. Hope this information helps someone.
on 25-06-2012 07:00 AM
FYI - the above mentioned procedure is the official process.
We also don't recommend inserting foreign objects into your PlayStation console. This may void the warranty.
on 11-02-2013 07:35 PM
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe